Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Hi, I'm a grown man. My parents got married years ago but I now want to add his name
    Hi, I am a grown man, and the first child for my mom. My parents got married years ago but I still goes by my mom's last name. How do I add my father's name to my birth records?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Are you trying to change your last name to his or just add his name to your birth certificate?
    jmwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwood
    Hi, I am a grown man, and the first child for my mom. My parents got married years ago but I still goes by my mom's last name. How do I add my father's name to my birth records?
    Yes I want to add his name to my birth certificate
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
    I know the steps to changing your name... but not on adding it to the certificate. If no one on here gives you an answer call your local courthouse they should be able to direct you in how to handle this or if you can pull them up on the computer it may even have directions on there. I know in my area the health departments handles all of the birth certificate information. But from what I see on here that is not the norm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my parents find out if I am married? [ 8 Answers ]

I married my boyfriend out of state (but still in the US) for immigration purposes. We intended to marry in the future, but looked at this is basically signing paperwork to help keep him in the country. We do not want to share this with anyone because we both want the big traditional wedding which...

How do I tell my parents I'm getting married? [ 14 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé are getting married in Feb. I'm 18 and he's 20 we are deeply in love and I have a beautiful ring. Anyway he's a Marine and I'm going to beauty school in the spring my parents know we are getting married they just don't know how soon. We had told his parents and some close friends....

When to tell my parents I'm getting married [ 13 Answers ]

Well, I am 17 and I will be getting married on July 19 2008. I have been engaged since November but haven't told my parents. I am afraid to because they may tell me I can't see him. Since he is graduated, and my father won't let me get a license it would be very hard to sneak and see each other......

Grown man still letting his parents make his decision? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to post this as this is something I am experiencing, I was in a relationship with someone about 10 years ago we broke up because of our decision to join the military. Anyway there was no contact between the two of us for those 10 years he married and divorced with no children. I married and...

Married 23 Years/Divorced/Parents [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was married 23 years :o... I got married when I was 16... Now I am divorced... A divorce that I wanted... My problem is now that my ex is dating someone else my parents act like they just can't believe that I am not jealous... I don't understand it because I am also dating someone... I...

View more questions Search