Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamikaquinn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2003, 12:37 PM
    The 60's
    What are the sound of the sixties? And the history that took place in the sixties.
    FrostedOne Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2003, 03:07 AM
    The 60's
    Woodstock! Hendrix, Beetles, Civil Rights movement, Vietnam War, JFK shot! MLK shot!
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 2, 2004, 08:07 PM
    The 60's
    I am basing my answer on the assumption that you are referring to the United States.

The major sounds of the sixities involved the transformation of various kinds of music into rock and roll, the dominant sound of the era.

The dominant historical trends of that era revolve around around two major topics: The evolution of civil rights for Blacks in the you.S. And the Cold War.

The generation of white people in America that "came of age" in the early 1960's, including myself, was taught that blacks were inferior to whites and the way to deal with this situation was the concept of segregation. In the 1960's we see this ending as the generation of that period rejected the ideas of the past. Civil Rights laws were passed and you.S. Supreme Court decisions tore down the old barriers.

One of the reasons there is abundant human life on this planet today is because many people like myself, an ex-Air Force Policeman entrused with the security of nuclear missiles as part of the Strategic Air Command (SAC) in the 1960's, fought the Cold War in a way that deterred nuclear war from happening.

It is well known that the Cuban Missile Crisis of the early 1960's, in which nuclear missiles aimed at the United States were found in Cuba, was the closest we ever got as a civilization to destroying ourselves. What most people aren't aware of is that we also came close to nuclear war in 1963 when President Kennedy was shot. On that day, nuclear bombers from the Air Force Base I was stationed at at the time, as well as many others, were on their way to the Soviet Union with nuclear weapons. They did not return until it was clear that war was not imminent.

The 1960's was one of the periods in you.S. History in which trends in many areas changed us drastically from the nation we had been to to the nation we have become.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavenly 60's song search [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I need the name of the song and the name of the artist of this 60's song I'm sending you a part of the song so you can listen.

View more questions Search