Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llabaw Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Installing wireless mouse & num keypad
    I have a compaq evi n610c, secondhand, but it doesn't recognize the USB wireless mouse. I'm not sure what I need to do. Any ideas?
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2006, 05:21 PM
    Hope I can help
    Quote Originally Posted by llabaw
    I have a compaq evi n610c, secondhand, but it doesn't reconize the USB wireless mouse. I'm not sure what i need to do. any ideas?
    Which brand of wireless mouse and num pad are they and which model number? I might be able to help if you supply this information. Hope I can help!

Feb 22, 2006, 05:28 PM
    It's targus wireless keypad and mouse combo, #PAKP003U
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
    The standard Compaq N610c did not come with a built in Bluetooth adapter... It was an extra multi-port option you could buy as an add-on.

Are you sure your n610c came with the Bluetooth adapter, or are you plugging in one via the USB port?

Feb 22, 2006, 05:47 PM
    I'm plugging into a usb port on the back

Feb 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Did your bundle come with a cd-rom? If it did then did you install it? If that isn't the problem, then try a different USB port, try spraying canned air into it, and if that doesn't solve it then it might take some research.

Feb 22, 2006, 06:16 PM
    It didn't come with a cd-rom... just the little "stick", the mouse, and the keypad. The instructions say to wait until you see the computer detects the USB receuver, but it never was detected... that's where I'm stuck at

Feb 22, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by llabaw
    it didn't come with a cd-rom...just the little "stick", the mouse, and the keypad. The instructions say to wait until you see the computer detects the USB receuver, but it never was detected...that's where I'm stuck at
    Do you think the previous owner might have BROKEN the USB ports.

Feb 22, 2006, 06:35 PM
    I never thought about that... so if it isn't detecting anything then that would probably be the problem... do you know if there is a way of checking them?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 22, 2006, 09:55 PM
    One other thing about the N610c that I remember is that the original BIOS had trouble with the USB ports. We had to upgrade the BIOS to get any USB devices working (Thanks jham for jogging my memory on that!). Check the Compaq website - http://www.compaq.com/support

Feb 23, 2006, 09:14 AM
    Thank you I'll have to check it out after work I'll let you know if it works

Feb 27, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Please tell us if it worked asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Keyboard/Mouse stops screensaver [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A on a Windows XP computer with IntelliType and IntelliPoint 5.2 installed for drivers. Whenever I plug in the wireless receiver (there is only the one for the two devices) the screensaver will not come on....

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

Integrated keypad and control panel [ 4 Answers ]

We have been shopping around for a security system for a while. Lately we have been talking to a company called Monitronics and they have offered us 5 doors, 4 windows, one smoke, and one glass breaker for 210 dollars. Our concern is that their system does not have a separate control panel....

ME-Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am runnig Me on my PC .but the Mouse does not work... Help.. What can I do

Installing a new mouse [ 8 Answers ]

I have just bought a new gaming mouse with a ps2 connection,can I just install this mouse without unpluging the origenal mouse which is on a different connection

View more questions Search