Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dramagrl_101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2006, 04:43 PM
    I'm 13 & I want to dance
    I'm 13 and I have a great passion for this art. I have no experience whatsoever but every time I watch someone dance, I get this kind of rush. This feeling that kind of takes over. The thing is I really want to do this. But I'm afraid it's too late. And my parents don't have that much money either. Any advice?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 22, 2006, 05:52 PM
    Dance in your living room. :)

Seriously! ;)

Practice the type of dancing you want to do. Save your pennies until you can afford to take a dance class, or look for some kind of dance classes in your high school.

Use your passion to develop your skills.

The contacts you make in dance class will help you find opportunities to put those skills to use.

Feb 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Well, if it's going to get me closer to my dream than I'll try it. Thank you so much for your advice!
    fairy-dust Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Where do you live if you don't mind me asking, if in england look around there's plent of free class you can go to, I used to be a dance teacher for all kind of dance and I did class free for a voulnteer company, and if it your dream go for it don't let anyone stop you, if you want it bad anuff you will achevie it no matter what.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 06:11 AM
    Hi,
    Knowing the local area in which you live would help in answering your question, as another answer pointed out.
    Talk with your counselor at school, tell them what you really like. See if your school has any type of activities in which you can participate. Check in your local phone book for anything relating to Dance lessons. It wouldn't hurt to find out a cost, could be very low, but won't know until you talk with someone.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.

Jul 5, 2006, 03:25 PM
    I live in NJ 07508. I've already tried dancing on my own and it's been great. But I wanted to try it professionaly.
    applesbananas456 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 11:04 AM
    In my area there are dance classes sponsored through the city and they are much cheaper.

If you really don't want to pay then watch videos and try to copy the moves you like, I did that for a while and it was really fun.
    CareBear14 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl_101
    I'm 13 and I have a great passion for this art. I have no experiance whatsoever but everytime I watch someone dance, I get this kind of rush. This feeling that kind of takes over. The thing is I really want to do this. But I'm afraid it's too late. And my parents don't have that much money either. Any advice?
    Hey its danielle I can't make fun of you because I was once like that even though your parents don't have a lot of money it doesn't matter! Close the door and look in the mirror turn on sum music and just DO IT! I'm a dancer and its a lot of fun and if you do tryout and make the team then ask for sponsers and if you wanted it that bad then you would do whatever it takes!!
    shizukamelodi Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Hey, I am 13 and I have been dancing for 10 years now, I started dancing in my bedroom to music and then I went to classes, but if you can't go to classes just dance in your house or out with mates. Get to know people who dance and they can teach u. I started free style, ten hip,hop, then ballet, then tap.. etc... go for one stly at a time . Just let the music take you. Good luck
    dancehlh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 07:31 PM

I am also 13 and I have been dancing for 12 years. I have won many awards and some scholarships. So I think that I can help. It really isn't to late!! Try to get some lessons. Even if you only take one or too lessons it is still better than none. And if you can't afford lessons go to a dance website like Halloffamedance.com or showstopperonline.com and look at their videos and try to watch them. Also STRECH as much as you can this can make you an amazing dancer!! Try doing the splits once you get those bring your leg up to an extension that is a great way to help you. Also work on some tech eeven just practicing pointing your feet will help you because if you don't have pretty feet you will not get very far. I hope this goes well!!
    Sorry my advice isn't very good =(
    lydiagr Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl_101
    I'm 13 and I have a great passion for this art. I have no experiance whatsoever but everytime I watch someone dance, I get this kind of rush. This feeling that kind of takes over. The thing is I really want to do this. But I'm afraid it's too late. And my parents don't have that much money either. Any advice?

It is definitely not too late to dance. The girl that just won "So You Think You Can Dance" (literally just won tonight) has only been dancing for 4 years and is in her 20's. It's never too late. If you're serious, go to different dance studios and ask around for advice on where to start. Some dance studios are more focused on the art and the love of it, and then others are more focused on the presentation of dance.
    So ask people's opinions of dance studios and visit around. You're best bet is to start with some jazz and ballet. That will help the most to get your body used to dancing.
    bree12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
    I'm 13 As Well & I Love Dancing I Go to all of my school dances & just blast out & dance crazy , I been dancing since I was about 6 and I love it! Someday I want to become someone , & become a dancer on TV . I been always the type of girl that always wanted to be famous & go for my dreams <3 & that's what I'm going to do , I will never give up . I have great attitude & love to be on my feet . Dancing is what keeps my mind out of bad things and makes me focus , Any advice where I should look where to dance at ? Any dancing lessons ? Or Anything that could make me a step closer to my dream? Thanks (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the name of a well known dance song [ 5 Answers ]

A hit of some years ago, it was something like: Na nanananaaaa nananananaaaa nananana naaaa (these are actually words, but I can't understant what she is saying And in a mid section, a girl was singing something like "night and day" Maybe not that words, Im not a native english speaker It...

Asking her to the dance [ 54 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 15 and there's a girl I want to ask to the sophomore dance but I don't know if she will go with me. I don't want to just go ask her because I want to try to have the best opportunity for her to say yes because I really like her a lot. We are kind of friends, I'm also friends with some of...

Which dance is The Dance [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the artist of the song "The Dance" sometimes people call it, Let the music play... The first line is, He tried pretending the dance is just a dance But I see, he's dancing his way back to me.

Dance [ 2 Answers ]

Which is the oldest dance we know?

View more questions Search