Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iowahawkeyess Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Taking shrooms for the first time
    I want to try taking shrooms this summer but I am scared I will have a bad trip. I smoke weed on an everyday basis and when I smoke pot I always get a little paranoid of cops and bad things happening, do you think I would have a bad trip?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Yes, you might have a bad trip.

AskMeHelpDesk recommends that you do not take hallucinogens.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 06:48 AM
    I think you should sautee some portobello shrooms and add them to a rare fillet mignon . That would take care of the munchies from all that pot smoking .
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Not a good idea. Stick with your pot as you get paranoid enough worrying about the cops.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Okay, you are a pot head and now you want to start taking a different drug, and you want us to back you up on that decision? If you want to fry what's left of your brain then there really isn't much we can do to stop you, but no one on this site is going to condone the use of any illegal drugs.

Good luck.
    iowahawkeyess Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Okay, you are a pot head and now you want to start taking a different drug, and you want us to back you up on that decision? If you want to fry what's left of your brain then there really isn't much we can do to stop you, but no one on this site is going to condone the use of any illegal drugs.

Good luck.

First, I just want to try it... I am only doing it once,
    Second, maybe you should smoke some pot, then maybe you wouldn't be so b**chy!
    Lastly, my brain is not fried. I have a full time job, and I am in college with all A's.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I tried shrooms once a LONG time ago and I didn't like them. Made me all tense (not paranoid) like I wanted to rip out of my skin. Never took them again.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

May 9, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawkeyess
    Lastly, my brain is not fried. I have a full time job, and I am in college with all A's.
    She isn't b****y. This is a public site, and those responsible for it's content could get in trouble if the members of the site condoned usage of anything illegal, whether they agree with the legality of it or not.

There are discrepancies in research when talking about the effects of marijuana on the human brain, but it's still illegal, and as a help site, it's the expert's duty to recommend that you don't break the law. Sorry :(

If it makes you feel any better, if pot WERE legal, I would probably try it (Never have, and as long as it's illegal where I reside, never will).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2008, 04:01 PM
    I have tried pot, a long, long, time ago when I was young and foolish, foolish being the operative word.

So, you really think that trying shrooms is a good idea, "I am only doing it once", not likely, you are already addicted to pot, chances are you'll get addicted to shrooms, and then when that high is no longer as great you'll turn to something stronger, and so on and so on, that's how most drug addicts get started.

I will not tell you it's okay, this is illegal, and until it becomes legal you are asking us to condone illegal activity, I will not be a party to that.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
    I want to try taking shrooms this summer but I am scared I will have a bad trip. I smoke weed on an everyday basis and when I smoke pot I always get a little paranoid of cops and bad things happening, do you think I would have a bad trip?
    When you take hallucinogens, the kind of trip you have depends a lot on the environment you're in and how secure and comfortable you feel there. While you could have a bad trip in any environment, your best chance of avoiding one is to make sure that there are people around that you trust completely (who aren't high) who can reassure you if things get frightening.
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

May 12, 2008, 07:58 PM
    If you get paranoid from smoking pot then chances are you will bug out from eating mushrooms. Although rare, I have heard some horror stories from people who ate mushrooms and had a bad trip.

If I where you I would take tomder55's advice.
    karenduh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Um I honestly think that if your just going to be chill, you won't have a bad trip. But like it depends on what type of person you are. And if its not fun, lol don't do it again I guess ;)
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

May 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
    With shrooms, I think if you go in to them thinking you 'might' have a bad trip, you will. If you're a panicker or have anxiety, pot or shrooms aren't going to do you any good.. but if you do try them, make sure you are comfortable, with good friends, preferably outside (campin) and know you will be a giggly ball of giggles for 4-6 hrs. If you get paraniod, just remind yourself why you're feeling this way, knowing it's only temporary will help.
    ashley568 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2008, 12:34 AM
    You may and you may not. I used to smoke a lot of pot, got paranoid sometimes. Did shrooms a few times and during the roughly 6-10 hrs I tripped parts were cool and parts freaked me out. Hollucegens are a major mind f*** you won't just see things your thinking will be altered in a very different way. Im not condoning it but I suggest you be with people you are comfortable with and at least one or 2 sober people at a place you can be at for a long period.
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2008, 01:43 AM
    I am the same way. I smoke weed everyday. For about 2 years now and I also get paranoid. I was going to do shrooms too but I too got scared I would have a bad trip. My friend who is like us as well did them once and sai dthat he saw the devil, so I would suggest that if you are the type of person who is paranoid not to do them, because your trip will make you see eveything your scared of
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 05:04 PM
    How many steps up the drug ladder do you want to go, before you realize your too high up. The pot is bad enough and now you want to get higher, Mushrooms are a definite bad idea, your mind is a very sensitive thing and messing with it could end the world you know now, why rish this. There are no guarantees, you could be fine, or you go into a coma, be permanently damaged or never come back, don't mess with this stuff, please!
    bgwade Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Wow, there is a lot of controversy in this topic. I have taken them quite a few times, which I am not scared to mention because I am already in trouble for it. I have a Class 3 Felony which is right below attempted murder, and it is no joke. The first time I smoked, I absolutely freaked out on some kid because I thought there was something wrong with it. There wasn't and I turned into a total pot head after that. As long as you are in a confertable setting, mushrooms are entirely confertable and you most likely won't freak out. But if the law gets you, that's a whole nother thing. If you ask me, I would never touch a mushroom if I could get out of this trouble I'm in. Good luck.
    andybear72 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Hey. Just want to say this. There is always a line we won't cross. You say you are only going to do it once. When you started smoking pot was it a conscious decision to smoke it every day. I know people, myself included, that once I cross a line that I swore I would never cross that line gets a blurrier every time I cross it. I began dong heroin(only once I said just wanted to check it out). I began snorting it and swore I would never use needles. Well, I crossed all the lines I set before me until I was a complete mess. If you are an addict you need to know that "one is too many and thousand never enough". I would take a serious look at this. Even your pot smoking. Good luck.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Right now you are thinking about it. After you try it it won't be a think about it but an addiction. I second the portabella they are great sauteed with green and red peppers and onions with steak.
    Also pot does make a lot of people paranoid. My old boyfriend always claimed his mafia boss had the CIA watching him. LOL!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:32 AM
    AGAIN GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE was going to suggest portabella T00!
    Yup ;that's why tomder inc is such a great success!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a time-limit for taking my ex to court? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My ex-wife still owes me money from our separation. We had agreed that she would give me $15,000 (minus any mortgage arrears at that time, which was $2400), and she would take over the mortgage and it (the house) would be put in her name. She gave me $3,000 in Aug/04, I have tried to...

Taking some time off. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi folks, Due to personal matters, and for reasons that I am not able to discuss at this time, I am taking a leave of absence from this board for a while. I've had a terrific time discussing various topics with all of you, from religion to gun control to politics. We live in interesting...

Can you die of shrooms? [ 15 Answers ]

Me and my friend have some shroom wich we are going to take but some one said you can die of then so we dicied to find out aboute them then take them

View more questions Search