Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tafoote17 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Feb 22, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Low pressure in bathtub
    :eek: my hus band is an excellent handyman but he cannot figure out why he changed the hot and cold knobs on our bathtub and now we have very very low water pressure out of the faucet. We have copper pipes.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 22, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tafoote17
    :eek: my hus band is an excellent handyman but he cannot figure out why he changed the hot and cold knobs on our bathtub and now we have very very low water pressure out of the faucet. We have copper pipes.
    Have hubby shut the water off to the faucet and remove the stem and washer assembles he just put in. Now turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. You should have a strong stream coming out. Now reassemble and test. If the pressure's not better then check to see if you were sold the correct parts. Regards, tom

Feb 24, 2006, 11:16 AM
    That didn't work... any other ideas?
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 24, 2006, 11:24 AM
    How strong was the stream when you flushed the supplies? Tom

Feb 24, 2006, 11:27 AM
    Not much better than it was before
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 24, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Did you have good pressure before he changed out the knobs? You say "knobs", that means he didn't open up the valve and change the stems. All he did was replace the handles? Is that correct? Why did he work on the valve in the first place? Give me all the details you can. Regards. Tom

Feb 27, 2006, 10:40 AM
    He tried it again and now it works.Why I have no idea but Thank You so very much.
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 27, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tafoote17
    He tried it again and now it works.Why I have no idea but Thank You so very much.
    Your welcome so very much, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pressure to cold water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had a Moen Faucet connected in my wife's tub about a year ago. It's been working great but the last three weeks or so It seems the cold water pressure is dropping dramatically. Hot water runs fine. This is the only faucet in the house that has this problem. I've already cleaned the aerator...

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Low water pressure in bathtub/shower hot or cold [ 7 Answers ]

My shower/bathtub has no water pressure. It does not matter if you turn the cold or the hot water on. The rest of the house is not having any problems with water pressure just this particular bathtub/shower. I tried removing the water spout to see if anything was stopping it up, but it won't...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

Pressure in bathtub/shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, For about the past couple of months, I've experienced a serious decrease in water pressure to both my showerhead & my bathtub faucet. I've read a lot of things on it, so I just wanted to verify. I have no loss of temperature, but the water coming out of the drains is pathetic. The rest of the...

View more questions Search