Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Someone was asking about a larger replacement canopy for their ceiling fan
    Because the remote receiver wouldn't fit inside their fan's canopy? I told them that most canopies are the same size including the replacements, which is true. However I just spotted this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6038590223

Which is a receiver that mounts OUTSIDE the canopy.

And now I can't find the original post!
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 11:14 AM
    I have a Casablanca ceiling fan, mouted in our stairway, on a three way switch. We want to add a light kit (no problem), and want to be able to operate the light and fan from the three way switch. Lutron makes a nice switch (MA-LFQ3), but the canopy controller is a bit to big. It measures 4"x2"x1". We only have 4". We only have 4"x5/8" room in the canopy. This is hanging from a pancake electrical box, so there is no room there either. Question: does anyone make a smaller controller unit that would work' or does anyone have an other idea how to hook this up? Thanks Jim
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 09:16 PM

What model Casablanca fan is it? How is it currently controlled?

Casablanca Ceiling Fans - Reviews and ceiling fans on sale at Ceiling Fan Brands

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan switch replacement-chain broke [ 3 Answers ]

The chain to operate my 3 speed fan broke off. I have no way of turning off the fan so I flipped the switch in my electrical box to the room. I have marked the position of the 4 wires and am trying to remove them from the switch, however, they appear to be sodered. I read in one article that I...

Ceiling fan light pull chain replacement [ 5 Answers ]

Pull chain on the ceiling fan light broke off, so I pulled it down, and figured out what to buy, but at some point one of the two black wires going to it came loose, presumably out of a screw cap. Does it just go in the cap with the other black load wires (3 still together)? Do I understand...

Hampton bay replacement ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan because the blades broke off the original in Hurricane Katrina. My fan is attached to the 30 foot ceiling by an extended pole. Is there anyway to replace the fan at the end of the pole instead of having to get to the ceiling box which will require scaffolding? Thanks...

Ceiling fan switch replacement- NOTES [ 2 Answers ]

Installed the old fan from the dining room in a Bedroom. During the install, I noticed the 3 speed FAN Switch housing was cracked and broken... Everything had always run smoothly. Bought a replacement switch at WalMart, with the same engravings, part numbers, etc. But the larger plastic...

Hampton bay ceiling fan canopy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. The problem is I am trying to replace a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and I cannot get the canopy down. There are no exposed screws on the canopy. There is a decorative ring around the top of the canopy that doesn't seem to be attached to the...

View more questions Search