Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RandomAlias Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Irregular lump on penis
    Yesterday, I discovered an unusual lump on the left underside of the shaft of my penis. The lump is roughly half a centremeter in diameter, is clearly a solid/spongy mass beneath the skin, is rather tender when touched, and has developed a small dark spot in the centre (though this could be a result from iritation caused by masterbation). I am worried as to what it is and whether it is dangerous to my health. After browsing several mens health websites, I have found that most of these symptoms allude to a sebaceous cyst, sperm balls, or similar, all of which state that no medical attention is necessary. I am 18, and would be uncomfortable with raising the issue with parents or siblings, but I would, though ONLY if necessary.
    Advice?
    helmethead1120 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Go to a doctor. (:
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Chances are that if you do talk to family about it, they won't know what to say anyway short of telling you to go to a doctor. Most non-medical people would have the same feelings as you do, and not be comfortable discussing it... nor would they have additiional knowledge about it...

It is always best to be concerned about anything you feel is abnormal, but that does not mean that there is a problem. By going to a doctor you will know for sure. There may be many other explanations for the symptoms that would not need further treatment.
    RandomAlias Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Thanks for the advice!
    I don't really think I need to see a doctor anymore.
    The lump has pretty much disappeared (after a few incidents involving puss and watnot) and another of my friends said he experienced a remarkably similar event a while ago and it turned out to be nothing serious; just a cyst.

Odd, isn't it, that teenagers are more open about these issues with their friends than with their family!
    Or is it just me?
    Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 yrs old and have recently noticed a lump on my penis, it look rather like a spot and has a white top and a red ring around it, this may be due to me touching it. I am quite worried and would not like to aprroach my parents! Please put my mind at rest!

Lump on Penis [ 12 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I have recently found a pee sized lump on my penis. Its near the bottom of the penis on the left side. I've never had sex or anything that could give me an STD. I'm scared about this and I'm very shy to tell someone about this. I haven't had it for a long time but its still...

Lump on penis [ 6 Answers ]

I have a lump on my penis, it is in the middle, it is really scaring me and I don't want to go to a docter please replyy, I need your guyzes help!!

Lump on penis [ 6 Answers ]

Basically I have a lump / bump on my penis. It is below the shaft on the left side of my penis and is more pronounced when erect. It in behind the skin of my penis and is almost like a hard pea in shape. I have had this from what I remember for about 4 years and only recently I have started to...

Lump on penis [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small concern which I don't think is too seriuos but I wouldn't mind clearing things up. The other day I noticed little tiny white dots under my penis so I kept toching them because I was getting worried. A day later it went into a lump a blister sort and now its starting 2 puss any help...

View more questions Search