Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sethyboy85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Dual Citizen US and France. Work in france?
    I am a dual citizen of US and France.
    My Grandmother was a war bride and married my grandfather a US soldier, My grandmother extended it to her 5 of her children my mother being one of them and a few years ago my mother did all the paperwork to add me to the family tree.

I am currently Unemployed and have lot's of extended family in france that speak english good enough to live with them. I was wondering how difficult would it be for me to move to france for the summer and get a job? Or longer term say a year or two.
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2008, 02:25 PM
    If you are a french citizen, with a french passport, then you have a right of residency in france and should be able to live in any part of the european union, including France. You might consider moving to the UK, which has a better employment rate, and speaks the same language as yourself. If you speak fluent french, you shouldn't have too much of a problem however.
    sethyboy85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
    I don't have a french passport, yet. My french is also pretty bad but I can learn quick.

If I did get a french passport and traveled using it, even though I am also a US citizen (first) I would still beable to live in european union? Hmm if this is possible, this present a whole realm of possibilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizenship France and US [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if I am eligible for Dual Citizenship through my grandparents. Both of my father's parents are French born and have citizenship both in the US and in France. My father was born in the US, his sister in France. Does anyone know if I'm eligible to apply for citizenship in France...

Divorce us citizn/france citizen [ 1 Answers ]

I was married 5 years ago and unfortunately we were only together for 1 month here in the us ,he moved back to france and I stayed here we know want to get a divorce but are not sure of the legalities can I start the divorce here and have him served via fed ex for signiture?do I have to go to a...

Dual Citizenship US-France [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get French citizenship? I am a U.S. citizen. I want dual citizenship. I was born in Paris, France. I am under 18 years old. I live in the USA. My parents were born in Cambodia. They were naturalized in the USA.

View more questions Search