Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodwork Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Mobile home a/c
    Changed a 4 ton to a 5 ton unit in a mobile home uped duct size 12 to a 14 feeding other side of moblie home . It is freezing up what could be going wrong
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Unit is too large for the home. You overdid it with the size. Unless the home is enormous - like 28 X 80 it is too large for the home. What size home is this? I had an enormous double wide in South Florida and I only had a 3 ton unit and it did the job just fine. A 5 ton unit is more for a huge house.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Even if you changed the main trunklines and added vents to maybe add on rooms,that is a very large a/c unit,even for the new double stacked modulars

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Mobile home foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I sold a mobile home to a friend for 15,000 in may at 300 amonth plus lot fees,trash fees,home owners insurance the sale was as is,the conditions of sale were we all signed this agreement,first of she wasn't there even a month she got a cancellation and eventually cancelled her...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Mobile home for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract

View more questions Search