Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikerh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Child custody in Texas
    I am in the process of going through a divorce. We have 2 children and have agreed that one child will live with me and the other child will live with her with visitation rights for each parent for the other child. We have done an uncontested divorce on-line and have just received our paperwork but have not yet filed them. Now she wants to pick up and move to Arizona (with the young man that she is seeing that caused all this) with her child. It states in the divorce that we have joint custody of the children and that I am to receive visitations from the child that is with her every other weekend. Can she up and Move to Arizona with the child? Is there a way that I can put a court order on this to keep her from moving with children until the divorce is resolved? If so, how do I go about doing this myself?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 08:16 AM
    http://www.law.upenn.edu/bll/ulc/fna...s/uccjea97.htm

This link may answer some of your questions.
    Sosdog Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2006, 09:17 AM
    By law, siblings may not be separated once they have bonded. (ie have lived together for a period as siblings)

This could go either way, but it's a way to keep the children together.

Sos
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosdog
    by law, siblings may not be separated once they have bonded. (ie have lived together for a period of time as siblings)

this could go either way, but its a way to keep the children together.

sos

And this law exists where?

What mikerh proposes seems perfectly reasonable to me.

One child might hate the mother and has no interest in living with the mother (and would tell a Judge that so he can live with his dad).

And the other child hates his father and tells a Judge he wishes to live with his mother.
    mikerh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 04:19 PM
    The children are 11 and 8. I read somewhere that they could not choose until they were 12, but the judge could still ask them. I just need to know how do I keep her from moving my daughter to a different state. We are not officially divorced yet and no temporary orders have been made, but we have agreed in the divorce that I get to see her two weekends out of the month and one night a week (she gets the same for our son). Can she legally move the child if we have joint custody and the visitation set up the way that it is without my consent?
    Sosdog Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    And this law exists where?

Its present in almost every state (all that I know of) that once children have bonded to each other they cannot be separated by a court injuction.

Sos
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 04:24 PM
    You need to file the paper in the court now, this will keep the jurisdication in your home state.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
    First it looks like you will not have an uncontested court case.

You need to forget this stupid online filing ( sorry but it is only good if there are no kids, no real amount of property to divide and no one needs legal advice)

You need a real life local attorney, you need to file for cusotdy or at least for a court order not allowing her to take the child out of state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child custody [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ,new at this. Need to ask someone about child custody.here goes,I got full custody of my five year old son due to a default hearing.we are now going back to court because his mother wants full custody.what I want to ask is how can she not show up for court and now she can take me back to court?...

Child custody [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some advice I recently left my abusive hubby of 5 years. And we have a 7 year old daughter together . I was letting him see her every weekend. Cause she loves her father and I would like her to continue doing so.he pick her up on dec the 17 and went to Florida with her .now he is...

Child custody [ 5 Answers ]

I have to grandchildren who have been abandoned, because there father my Son was murdered by their mother, the mother of the children well her mother Keeps denying me visitation rights since all this she is harboring them all to her Self I feel as though I am the victim all over again, I do have...

Child custody [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-husband lives in Arkansas and has custody of my 12 year old daughter. She wants to come back to Virginia to live with me. She has made that clear to him and has even told him that when she comes to Virginia this summer that she is not coming back to Arkansas. She wants me to support her in...

View more questions Search