Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmO jAsOn Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 8, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Do I really love her?
    My name is jason... I met this girl named tanya on myspace IM chat room and we have been talking for like a month and she said she loves me and I said I love her... but I have never seen her in person or talked to her on the phone... only on myspace IM... and I live in east Texas and she lives in Utah... I know I love her... I mean I care about her and stuff... but is it possible that I'm IN love with her?? Can you love someone you've never met or talked to on the phone or anything... just IM?? :confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2008, 08:33 AM
    No, I don't believe you can. When people have a relationship over the internet they act very differently than when they are face to face. If you say something that upsets her she can just walk away from the computer, likewise for you, when you are face to face it's different. Also, people tend to be a bit dishonest when they don't have to be face to face with someone, I'm not saying she is, or you are, but that's usually the case.

You talked to this girl for a month and you think you're in love? Honey, I think you're just a bit lonely and looking for love, I don't think this is it.

Good Luck.

May 8, 2008, 08:35 AM
    ... I am not lonely... I had a girlfriend but I broke up with her... we are honest about everything... we tell each other everything... she broke up with 2 guys because she wanted me to ask her out... but I don't know if I should... I really do love her though
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2008, 08:42 AM
    I'm not saying that your feelings aren't real.

Another alarm, she broke up with two guys because she wanted you to ask her out. You've known this girl 1 month and she's already gone through 2 guys?

No one can tell you what to do or how to feel, but I wouldn't invest your heart to heavily in an interenet romance.

May 8, 2008, 08:46 AM
    She had been going out with the first guy for like 3 months and the 2nd one begged her to date him!! I feel sorry for the bastard who falls in love with you! You don't know HOW to love... DO YOU!!
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2008, 08:55 AM
    I've been married to the most wonderful man for 13 years, we've been together for 18 years and have two wonderful children. Love is the only reason I got married and the reason we are still together today.

If you don't like the answers you get then don't ask the question.

Bottom line, it's your life and you can do what you want. All I did was answer your question and when you didn't get what you wanted out of me you start to insult me, very mature attitude.

Good luck, you're going to need it.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Emo... you will never get or keep a girlfriend if you attack them like you did this person giving you some very good and KIND advice.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

May 8, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Jason,

Don't get angry if you get advice you don't like. It sounds to me like you came here asking a question that you already have an answer for, and wanted someone to agree with you.

If you're not going to listen to advice, that's fine, but don't attack others because you didn't hear what you want.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 8, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EmO jAsOn
    she had been going out with the first guy for like 3 months and the 2nd one begged her to date him!!!!!!!! i feel sorry for the bastard who falls in love with you!! you dont know HOW to love...DO YOU!?!?
    Listen Emo, you asked a question, you got an opinion. That's what we do here! Just because you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear, it was a very kind, and quite frankly honest and logical answer. That gave you no right to go Emo on the person who answered you. Very rude and uncalled for! :rolleyes:
    MysteriousGrl Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

May 8, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Jason,
    How old are you anyway?

May 8, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 8, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EmO jAsOn
    Well then honey, you should really learn some respect. That will certainly come in handy in your future relationships with the girls you "love". There was a reason you were given the advice that was written. The rest of us have also been 15 at one time, and the advice given was very true and only meant to try and help you.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
    A Simple NO. Has everyone forgotten the basics in Grammer?? GEEZ,, Capital letters and Punctuation sure would be welcomed.
    occifer kt Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 08:24 AM
    I think that it is possible to be in love with someone you've never met... if you REALLY think you love her... I think you should go for it, and whatever happens, happens! That's life
    ZigZag07 Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

May 13, 2008, 10:09 AM
    If you ask me... I say follow your heart. Im not sure how a realationship is going to work a states away... but if you really feeeeeel like its love... dont pass up your chance. But sometimes its just a MAJOR crush! I've confused those for love plently of times... follow your heart... but be careful :)
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

May 13, 2008, 09:21 PM
    You can love the idea of a person but if there not actually there you can't really love them
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 14, 2008, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ging1994
    you can love the idea of a person but if there not actualy there you can't realy love them
    That was a very true answer. You cannot "love" someone in the true sense of the word, just by typing things back and fourth, and never even talking in person and meeting each other. I know a month seems like a really long time when you're young, and trust me, that month will seem twice as long when you break up too!

Real love takes a lot of time, understanding, face to face communication, and maturity. I think the kind of love that we are talking about here is puppy love. Hey, I'm not knocking it! Puppy love is one of the best times in life! You have to go through that to understand the heartbreaks and the feelings that you go through in order to appreciate when the real thing comes along.
    Bicho Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 03:28 AM
    What you feel might me just a friendship care or the love your asking about. But to idntify it among the two ;you have to know yourslef and what your expectaions from someone you love are... try to think with lots of WHAT IFS' and if all the answer for every one of them is 'I REALLY DON'T CARE COZ I LOVE HER' then you are in love with her.
    amberlynn Posts: 47, Reputation: -1
    -

May 15, 2008, 08:59 AM
    My answer might sound rude-ish:

Ohhhhhhhhhh NO

Is that a serious question?
    Honey, that's not love.
    You don't even know her.
    You've never met.
    Never heard her voice, or seen her face
    Or kissed her or even TOUCHED her,

Love?

Uhhhh, I think NOT.

Love is better.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 15, 2008, 09:53 AM
    I would like to add Jason, that what you are in love with, is the feeling of being in love. "She" is a figment of your imagination. I know you probably won't believe us that answered you the way you didn't like, and do what you want anyway. But, for all you know, the love of your life could be an 80 yr old man!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

In love with wife but love another lady as well [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have been married for close to 3 years now, we really don't have any issues within us at all. We are happy in all possible ways. We are emotionally attached, we are sexually happy. But yes because of my work nature I am unable to spend time with my wife as much as before. Also recently I...

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

View more questions Search