Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinwalt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 04:52 AM
    Marilyn and margerite and a mystery
    Hello,

I have been trying to figure two movies out for the longest time. The first one is about two sisters, Marilyn and Margerite, who live in Paris and fall in love with the same man. The family is well to do. The young man goes off to sea... I guess he's a sailor or something. He loves the younger sister Marilyn but while overseas he gets drunk and writes a letter to one of the sisters. He accidentally writes the older sister's name on the letter but the letter was meant for the younger one. The older sister leaves her home on a ship to marry this man. When the sailor realizes the wrong sister arrives he is in shock. Reluctantly, he marries her while still loving the younger sister. Meanwhile, the younger sister is devastated and becomes a nun.

Please tell me someone knows this movie. It could be a foreign film but I saw it on TV, I believe between 1996- 2005.

The second movie is about a woman who poses as someone's wife but the man says she is not his wife. Throughout the movie people get murdered. The man's real wife is missing apparently and people around the town are in collusion to get this husband to lead them to where he put his wife's body. In the end, the man goes to a car with a tarp on top to see if the body is still where he left it and his supposed wife is in there but alive and begins to sit up (spookie) to the mans horror. Of course, it is not his real wife but the one pretending to be his wife. I think susan sarandon plays this part but I am not sure. In the end, the people who I thought were dead were not dead. Actually, the town plotted and schemed to make it appear they were dead... UHGHHHH. Help!!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Your first movie is Green Dolphin Street from 1947.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sci fi mystery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I remember watching this weird sci-fi horror movie years ago, probably about 15-16 years ago. Where these people uncover these objects of a sunken ship in the middle of the sea. They find sum wine or vodka I think and after drinking it they all start to become infected and slowly 1 by 1 turn...

Murder mystery [ 4 Answers ]

I am to trying to identify a murder mystery film, possibly from the 1970's. The setting is a large house (mansion?) near water, possibly an island. A group of people are picked off one at a time, (agatha christie style). When the murders take place, all that is shown of the killer is the hands in...

Mystery Smell [ 2 Answers ]

We have a split-level home with one bathroom 1/2 up from ground level and the second 1/2 below ground level (windows on this level are at ground level). Just outside our upstairs bathroom (which is also just outside our master bedroom), we are all noticing a strong, "rest-stop" type stale...

Mystery leak [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a water leak coming from somewhere in-or-around a toilet. It only leaks if the water supply is on. The water comes from the bottom, towards the back, where the (rear-discharge, by-the-way) drain is located. I've checked all fittings and gaskets that I know of. It appears, to me, that...

Electrical Mystery [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a new place that is about 4 years old - today I went into the water closet area in the ensuite and flicked on the fan and it suddenly went out. The light and the outlet are not working as well. The rest of the bathroom lights work as well as the bedroom lights and outlets. ...

View more questions Search