Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nandantatuskar Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 03:21 AM
    Steps to process after getting EAC for H1B Visa
    Hi,
    Today I got my EAC Number from my employer. I would like to know the next process to complete my H1B Visa. And Also I need to know how can I apply the same for my family so that they can join me to USA.

Thanks
    Nandan
    SYED1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Hi,
    After receiving EAC number... you need to check if and when its gets approved by USCIS Home Page and then they will provide yor employer with I 129 form, then sched an appointment with the US consulate after getting all the relevannt docs from your employer.
    After the interviw , u will know the result.
    Best of luck

May 9, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Thanks Sayeed.

I need to ask you about my family. How should I process H4 for my family[wife & a Kid] ? Whether I need to tell my employer about this or I can process for them from my side.

Thanks
    Nandan
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 9, 2008, 10:31 AM
    You have to get your visa first...
    To apply for H-4, your family need all documents on your H-1B (letter from employer included) plus copy of all pages of your passport.

May 11, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Thanks Lawanwadee for the reply on which I am trying to prepare myself and my family to proceed further.
    So I can process H4 visa for my family with just letter from employer or something else also is needed. I hope they don't need anything like EAC for H1.Only we need my supporting documents and a letter from employer.Please do specify in details what all documents I have to ask from my employer for my family.

Thanks in advance

Nandan
    Immigration Expert

May 12, 2008, 12:13 AM
    Your spouse would need the following:

# Completed Non-immigration Visa application Form DS-156. Separate form for each applicant.
    # Application visa fee original receipt
    # Valid passport of each applicant.
    # One photograph: 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background.
    # If the applicant is below 14 yrs of age, Original Birth Certificate of this applicant (child) is required.
    # Spouse's original marriage certificate.
    # Entire wedding photo album and copy of each sides marriage invitation card or any other evidence of relationship.
    # Complete 36 pages copy of your principal H1's passport.
    # Copy of principal H1 holders approved petition I797, form I-129 and LCA.
    # H1 holder's employment verification letter.

May 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Thanks again Lawanwadee for explaining in detail.

I do have all those certificates and passport ready for them,but I didn't get about the form DS-156 and visa fee receipt these all things I have to apply from my side and get it or I need to ask my employer for these things.

Basically I don't have much knowledge about these things so asking many silly things... sorry about that.
    Tell me one thing to apply for H4 I don't have to wait for any EAC or anything else other than my employer letter for my family with all the certificates and documents as you specified above.

Thanks
    Nandan
    Immigration Expert

May 12, 2008, 08:31 AM
    DS-156 is application form used for all non-immigrant visas. This is standard procedure.

No EAC for H-4. This is visa for dependent of H-1B, so if your employment offer is valid, your marriage/relationship with your spouse is genuine and verifiable, your spouse will receive a visa.

May 25, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Hi Lawanwadee,
    Can you please let me know till what time it will take for the status to change which is "Case received and pending" at egov.uscis.gov.

Thanks
    Nandan
    Immigration Expert

May 25, 2008, 10:34 PM
    For H-1B or H-4?

Normally it is faster for consular process, if you choose to submit to USCIS, it may take up to 3-4 months depending on their work load.

May 30, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Hi Lawanwadee,
    Can you please let me know how should we process for education visa ? As my wife is interested in learning further once we are in USA,but currently if she come on H4 we know that she will not be able to learn or work in USA.
    Kindly let me know the procedure to get Student visa so that once she is in USA she can apply for that and get it done.

Thanks
    Nandan
    Immigration Expert

May 30, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nandantatuskar
    Hi Lawanwadee,
    Can you please let me know how should we process for education visa ? As my wife is interested in learning further once we are in USA,but currently if she come on H4 we know that she will not be able to learn or work in USA.
    Kindly let me know the procedure to get Student visa so that once she is in USA she can apply for that and get it done.

Thanks
    Nandan
    Here's my blog with all details for student visa.
    US Visas: Study Visas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Romanian visit visa process [ 1 Answers ]

HI THERE I'm from pakistan. My romanian friend is married in pak, she asks me to visit her family there in romania, I need help, what all I need? What has she to do? For how long the process goes on? I need quick replies

Next steps? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I will try to be as succinct as possible with respect to the facts of my case. As the result of a lawsuit that was filed against me in New York, I sent the debt collection a demand for a Bill of Particulars. The debt collector that is suing me inherited the debt via assignment from...

Moving to US from canada on L visa - process of applying for EAD & green card? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, We are currently residing in canada as permanent residents for the past 1-1/2 yr. Recently my wife's company was acquired by a US firm who as a result of their decision to relocate operations to it's US headquarters, extended an offer to the whole operations department to move & relocate to DC...

View more questions Search