University Selection
    Hi Everyone,

I need help in choosing the right university from the following list,

University of Alabama, Huntsville
    Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
    New Mexico State University
    Kansas State University, Manhattan
    San Diego State University, California

Please let me know which university is best regarding ranking, job opportunities, living expenses and assistantships.

Thank you
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 7, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Have you gone and visited any of these schools? I've had plenty of friends who packed up, taken out huge loans, moved across country just to learn that they hated the school. Research will give you facts and statistics, but unless you've taken a visit of your potential home and education before making your decision. It's a blind decision. I would try and set up a visit to a few schools.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 11:05 PM
    I only know a little bit about Alabama... and none about the other schools you mentioned. I have known a couple of people who went their for coursework and were very happy.

Do you have a specific area of study in mind? That might make a difference as far as what financial aide is available at each school. Different universities get funded through competition for grants for different purposes depending on their expertise in that field and those funds may be partially available for assistanships or other financial aide for students... as well as any endowments that might exist at specific schools.

The best idea is for you to contact each school, and find out what they can do for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is atlantic International University recogned university [ 9 Answers ]

I' m Tanzanian living in Tanzania I want joining Atlantic International University for B.A education, can their degree acceptable any where?

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

St Clements University - another unaccredited university? [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone tell me about the accreditation of St Clements University,please?

View more questions Search