Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sam_Felgen Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Possible Solutions Of Binge Drinking
    For Core P.E I Have to present and talk about binge drinking

The only thing is I can't think of any ways that you could minimise the harm of binge drinking.

You can't just say, take beer out of bars or out of shops there has to be a more detailed and realistic answer

Problem is, I can't find any!

Ive tried many different websites and all the info they give me is completely off the topic.

Have you got any ideas? I really need help!! :confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Don't do it. Problem solved. Drink responsibly.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 03:07 AM
    Sam_Felgen - talaniman gave you an answer that was quick, to the point and factually true. Please don't "rate" someone based upon how you "feel."
    If you are wanting us to do your homework here, it's not going to happen. But, some ideas off the top of my head that might give you some further insight to think about for you to elaborate upon for an answer to your question would be the following:

You have to use your imagination and creativity in order to answer a question like the one that you need to work on. People need to know that there will be consequences for their actions about which they should most certainly be fearful.

Getting fired from job because of being to hung-over to perform work.

Inability to get up at normal hours in order to function.

Peer pressure from friends to stop drinking or lose friends.

Damage to liver and other organs as a result of drinking too much.

Inability to function normally as a result of binge drinking.

Impared memory.

Mood swings, uncontrollable moods, possible uncontrollable behavior because of loss of normal constraints because of thinking straight and thus being in good behavior.

Damaging of brain cells within days rather than years. BBC News | HEALTH | Binge drinking causes rapid damage
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 04:41 AM
    I was expecting you to disagree, as I have found through my own experiences that simple solutions offer the best answers, even if you don't understand them. Sorry about that.
    If you don't stand on the tracks, the train won't kill you. In the case of the binger, you can OD from alcohol very easily.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Education about unit sizes and selling alcohol in smaller servings.

Wine used to be served as a 125ml standard, now 175ml is 'small' and 250ml - a third of a bottle- is common.

Also the strength of beers has gone up with many strong 6% beers becoming the norm. The strength of wine has also increased due to the new world wines, 11% up to 14%.

Spirits are now often sold as 35ml measures instead of 25ml.

Also bar tactics- they are a business after all - the barman always asks me if I want a double, or a larger glass of wine (some places will automatically give you a large if you do not specify).

So when out drinking it can be very easy to drink more than you realise, especially if you use the old unit calculations like 1 glass of wine = 1 unit, 1 shot = one unit, because it often just isn't the case anymore.

There is a culture of drinking in many countries especially in the UK. Stories of when you found all your clothes in the garden after a heavy night out are considered amusing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to handle my husband's binge drinking [ 12 Answers ]

My husband of 3 years has periodic episodes of binge drinking - maybe 5-6 times per year. He drinks and drinks and just doesn't stop. It's typically beer or wine. Usually with family or certain friends. This last year he has embarrassed me in front of my band, my friends and just last week, my...

Can a 39 year old man be a binge drinker? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, this is strange for me. I have never done anything like this before but I just don't know what to do. I am sure that my husband is an alcholic/binge drinker. He only drinks about once a month but when he does so he drinks like a case of beer and doesn't stop drinking until he passes out. He...

Say goodbye to the late night binge? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I'm one of those people who try to lose weight off and on and off and on etc. but I can never seem to stay on a diet because I get into one of those slumps where, even if I'm losing weight I just think "screw it, whats the point?". However, I lost some weight when I got a cold a couple...

53 Year Old Binge Drinker [ 4 Answers ]

OK... Thanks.

Solutions [ 2 Answers ]

How would you prepare 1.00L of sodium carbonate from pure solid?

View more questions Search