Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toydajo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 07:00 PM
    Does Norton Block Trend from running?
    I am trying to run a virus check off trends free site and it will not run on my computer. I have run it before while Running Norton but for some reason it will no longer run on my computer. Norton of Symantec of course gives me no help and I am not understanding why this will not work anymore??
    New and confused...

Feb 28, 2006, 11:36 PM
    I am answering my own question. If this was the wrong forum for it OOPs. Anyway I un-installed my norton and then re-installed it then I was clear to run Trend. Which of course found a file that should not have been there. So yes norton did block trend from running and it did it?? Who knows why.:confused: But I am going to switch I think because norton did not find it and now after Trend did my norton is searching my whole hard-drive again which was why I went to trends site in the first place. My norton went from searching 97500 files to 68700 in two days. (during virus scans). I did not think to write down the file but it was BHJk_5432 or something like that...
    New and confused one here??

Mar 19, 2006, 11:37 PM
    Further to my earlier posts... I uninstalled Norton and now my computer works great. Too bad about the money I paid out for THAT JUNK(NIS). Now I have to figure a way to keep my computer secure without it??
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 05:35 AM
    HI,
    I got rid of Norton three years ago, and now use AVG from:
    http://www.grisoft.com.
    It is much better, and I have never had a problem with it.
    There is a free version to download.
    I highly recommend AVG.
    PLEASE get some type of antivirus before you keep surfing the web!
    I do wish you the best, and try AVG; it's great!

Apr 2, 2006, 09:03 PM
    The biggest problem with Norton is it is too hard on my computer. After it found a virus twice it stopped Java from running at all. And of course there is the bogging down of the computer with all the cookies it lets in anddddd the sites it blocks out like msn update/hotmail... I think Norton has a problem with windows/msn and whatever other prgrams I have running on my PC. Thanks for the info though I am now better informed...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Hi,
    Have you tried the AVG?
    Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coefficents for exponential trend analysis [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I was wondering if there was at table of values that I could use for general weights (coefficents) of orthogonal contrasts for exponential trend analysis. The highest may start anywhere near 10 and the lowest starting point may start anywhere near 4 or 5. I just want the points for a...

Trend Micro house call [ 2 Answers ]

I am using house call to scan my PC, for all that stuff that slow it down. It has download all the things it needed to do this it now says 3 1/2 days scanning files and folders, okay question is. Is this normal? Update now say 16 1/2 hours, it has only been 5 minutes Update now say 7...

Norton or AVG [ 3 Answers ]

I run Windows XP and norton anti virus but I still get viruses so I downloaded AVG but I'ts making my machine run slowly - do I need both? Can I get rid of Norton and still be protected? How can I speed up my machine? I've run disk cleanup, I don't have temp files cloggin it up, since...

New kid on the block [ 11 Answers ]

I have been asked to come over here and check this site out by one of you, and so I am here. Some of you know me, some don't. I am not here to argue with anyone. I don't want to banter or name call or any of the other childish things I've experienced on other sites such as this. I love our Lord...

Norton confused [ 6 Answers ]

I just changed from a dial-up connection to wireless DSL. Now Norton Anti-Virus is unable to download updates. I;m using XP Home. What internet options require a change? Many thanks.

View more questions Search