Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Are there any online jobs?
    I would like to get some advice from you people. I have been hearing about the money on web and it really interests me. Is it true that people get rich by just working online? I too have some free time and I want to utilize it to my best interest. I know there are many jobs online but need you people to suggest me on the better ones. Hope that you people will help.
    Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 7, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Working online is NOT a get rich quick scheme, unless you peddle millions of spam e-mails.

There are more scams out there than legitimate jobs and as such great care must be taken.

NEVER pay a fee for information or work, as you are being ripped off in a scam.
    If it sounds to good to be true it most likely is.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 8, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackary
    I would like to get some advice from you people. I have been hearing about the money on web and it really interests me. Is it true that people get rich by just working online?
    Yes, there is a lot of money that can be made online... if you have a product or service people want to purchase and if you are willing to work just as hard at it as you would at building a brick-and-mortar business, you can (over time - plan at least two years) build an online business. Anyone who tells you there's a magic path on the internet to riches is either a fool or a liar... or both.

If you mean find a job online working for someone else, if you have specific high-level skills (say, business process reeingineering or software engineering or technical writing), you can find contract work on the internet. There are also virtual office assistant and freelance jobs for those with administrative or editing skills. But without specific skills to sell, you're not going to get a job online (same as in the offline world).

Vasily
    domm Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I used to wonder the same thing. And I started to believe people when they said all internet jobs are scam... until I found one. I love what I do and make money doing it. It just took time and research to find the right thing. I think a lot of people expect to sit around, do nothing, pay nothing, and get rich. Well wouldn't that be the lazy mans perfect world. It just doesn't work that way. There are a lot of scams but there is also real opportunities. It takes time but I found one.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by domm
    I used to wonder the same thing. And I started to believe people when they said all internet jobs are scam.... until I found one. I love what I do and make money doing it. It just took time and research to find the right thing. I think alot of people expect to sit around, do nothing, pay nothing, and get rich. Well wouldn't that be the lazy mans perfect world. It just doesn't work that way. There are alot of scams but there is also real opportunities. It takes time but I found one.
    What sort of job is it that you have found, please?
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

May 23, 2008, 09:45 AM
    I have been looking for the same thing, also. But when I did find stuff, they were mostly scams. So I researched them. They said 97% of online work are scams, but where are the other 2%? If you come across an online job, Google it first and read reviews from other people that experience that job. For example, if the name of the job is "xxx solutions" (I made that name up. It's an example), go to google.com and type in "is xxx solutions a legit job?" and you'll have lots of things that pops up. They'll be reviews that other people wrote about their experience with xxx solutions. Some will be good, some will be bad. If you find a good one, call them, ask questions,& get set up with them. That's how I figured out if some home jobs were real, fake, or scams. So far that I've looked, most are scams, but I'm still looking, too. But get rich quick home jobs are mostly lies. I researched on Google "legit at home jobs" and they said if they are promising you lots & lots of money in just a week, then it's most likely a scam. That's what they said on the internet. Just please research it so you won't be a victim of a scam!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Thread is old and attracting advertising.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for real online jobs .getting payment at home! [ 19 Answers ]

I'm looking for part-time online jobs... which are real... n pays you well.. anybody with any info about this ans me... or send me the links...

Applying online for jobs [ 11 Answers ]

What are some good job websites? Particularly ones that provide an email address or phone number to easily contact them. I've exhausted Craig's List... any others? Thank you in advance.

Online jobs for F1 visa holders [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a violation of my legal status to receive money from websites? What I have in mind is the following situation: Can I sign up to websites that offer money for taking surveys if I am an immigrant? Can I make money through a website that offers to pay a percentage of what I make? For...

At home Medical data entry jobs online [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a medical data entry job that I can do at home on my computer that pays good money. I have been searching the websites for legitimate business but are hard to find. Is there any out there that is legitimate to do? Please let me know if there are any website that I can get into....

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search