Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    husband&wife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
    His debt or Ours?
    Prior to getting married, "Dave", bought a house in Missouri. Then we got married in Missouri and have since relocated to Louisiana. If we quit paying on the loan -- will that go against my credit rating or just Dave's?
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Feb 21, 2006, 03:29 PM
    If the mortgage loan is in both your names. It will go against both of you.
    husband&wife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 03:33 PM
    The mortgage loan is only in his name. However, I believe Missouri is a community property state, so I was concerned that even though the mortgage loan is only in his name -- I also would be held liable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt [ 2 Answers ]

How Many Years :( Is It Before Your Creditors Can't Chase You Anymore For Bad Debt

Debt I don't owe [ 7 Answers ]

I am being harassed by a collection agency for money that I don't owe. I live in Canada and I was a customer for over 18 years to a well-known "club" that sells music and dvds. I always paid my bills. I was told that I owed them 6.80 (04/18/04) for a dvd. (Apparently, they figured I paid for...

Debt [ 4 Answers ]

I am 80 y/o with $50000 in credit card debt. I only get $800 social security a month. I am robbing Peter to pay Pay. My health is not well and this adds to my stress. I don't own a home, I live my daughter and her daughter. I have bought a used car in the past year and I am making those payments...

Who's Debt Is It? [ 3 Answers ]

My -H- and I were married for 21 years. During 99.9% of that time, I didn't work outside the home at his insistance! In fact, he threatened, several times, to divorce me if I got a job due to his fanatical belief in children needing a parent at home and his distrust of day-care. Three years ago,...

Old debt [ 1 Answers ]

I had an old credit card debt from 1999, someone apparently bought my debt and now is suing me in county court what can I do am I legally bound to pay this I am not even sure that I paid it before

View more questions Search