Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Was truthful with boyfriend but he cant handle it!
    I been together with my boyfriend for 1 year. We talk about anything and I have never lied and neither has he. Not only is he my man but best friend as well that I love and would like to spend my life with and we have talk about marriage.

Recently I told him about something I have done in my past, that he really figure out but I confirm, that I had slept with my best friend twice, who happens to be female. I don't know how he figure it out but he did. I always wanted to tell him but my friend told me not to because he might always try to compare himself and feel less like a man so I took her advice because she older than me, I 27 and she's 34.

I never lied to him and this is the only thing I did not share. Was I wrong? I found now every time I with her or spend the night at her house he assume when are doing something, but where not. I tell him it happen in the past before we starting dating and sometimes he tried to make me compare. Now with the friend I not sure about anymore because she is jealous of my boyfriend. Not that she wants him, because she wants me. I always tell her I just want to be friends with her and nothing more. We never talked about what happen between us even though she tried to at times and I told her it makes me feel uncomfortable, then she drops it, otherwise our friendship is great.

I just want some advise on how to ease the mind of my boyfriend that I don't like girls?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 08:16 PM
    If you are still friends with this girl, I can see where your boyfriend is having a problem, it is the same as he being good friends with his last girlfriend he sleep with. And what if your boyfriend was sleeping over at his last girlfriends home?

Now next you never ever compare, that will only end in heartaches,
    I believe in honesty if there is a need to be completely honest, but there does not ever need to be details

Advice, don't get into specific details of past sexual experiences, the past needs to stay in the past. And don't be close friends and spend nights with people you have sleep with, if you don't want your new boyfriend to be jealous.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 04:14 AM
    If this friend of your has feeling for you than maybe you should limited your time with her because it a threat to your relationship and its troubling your boyfriend. It had to be something there for him to figure it out in the first place.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
    I just want some advise on how to ease the mind of my boyfriend that I don't like girls?
    Not being with an ex lover would be a good start. What do you expect a guy to do, when your astill spending time with an ex? You may be doing nothing at all, but it sure will look suspicious at best.
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 8, 2008, 04:24 AM
    I would like to clear some things up. She is not my ex because I was never in a relationship with her, she's one of my closest friend who I sexual relations with twice a little bit over 2 years ago.

We never discuss what happen between us even she have tried but I feel uncomfortable talking about.

Since I started dating my boyfriend time with her I spend is limited because I always with my boyfriend and I mostly talk with her over the phone. I spent the night at her house once since being with him because she tried to do something again and I did not like her and I told her so.

My friendship with her is now on the rocks because I believe she is jealous because of how he treats me and her man don't treat her good at all and I realize that now a I keep her out me and my boyfriend business by not telling her what goes on between me and him.

As for my boyfriend he seems okay and just want to make should it don't happen again because he don't want to compete with a girl and he realize it happen in the past way before him. I like the first person advice because I understand what you meanth and point got across so thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some truthful perspectives [ 1 Answers ]

I am 33 years old and have been married for almost 3 years, this is my second marriage and I have two children from a previous marriage. My current husband is a good man and I really love him but I don’t feel that he is “in love” with me. I know that he loves and cares for me but I know that he...

Percentrage of truthful breakups [ 9 Answers ]

How many of you have been truthful as to how and why you broke up with someoone?

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

My furnace is broken. Techs aren't being truthful. What do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was on here before asking about my broken electric furnace and whether the tech diagnosed the issue correctly. Well the thing broke again and he tells me I need a new furnace and I'll need to pay $3,250 to build a stand for it (it's currently hanging on the wall) reroute the...

Booty call or not; truthful or sweet talker [ 6 Answers ]

I have been so confused these last few days.My ex boyfriend his name is julian and two days ago we made out in his aunts hallway(no one was there) and he broke up with me two years ago and last year we went out again but he broke up with me.I sometimes wonder why he still makes out with me......

View more questions Search