Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

May 6, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Is A Psychic Reading Worth IT?
    Hey,
    I've been entertaining the idea of getting a psychic reading with a local "Psychic Advisor." At this point in my life, I feel lost and have a lot of questions about where my life is leading. I feel I have nothing to lose by setting up an appointment with this psychic and getting a reading. She claims to have been in business for 40 years. Just wondering if any of you out there have used these services and if so, do they help you gain a better perspective? Thanks! Jason
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 08:44 PM
    It is a fun entertainment, I used to do a hypnotist act following a psychic, they are fun. If you are actually expecting them to tell you how to run your life and tell you what to do with your life, sorry, I guess they can guess at what you want to hear, but no magic power to make you live by. But it is amazing how they can tell things about you but observations and other tricks they use.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 09:11 PM
    I knew a lady who made a lot of cash by being a fortune teller. She had one older couple that came back to her after five years and offered her a thousand dollars to tell their fortune again because they believed everything she had told them had come true.

She made up stuff about reading their palms, and using a deck of cards to reveal things about them.

In private, she laughed and said if they wanted to believe the sh@@ she made up, she had no problem taking their money if it made them happy. She was the kind of person who could act totally serious with a strait face and tell you that the red apple was blue, and make you think she believed it!

I remember her talking about doing a séance and using a Ouiga board as well, but she seemed to believe there was something to that...

SO what I started to say was to be careful that you don't get sucked into spending more and more of your money on the services or on one type of service after another to try to find out more and more. Many of the people involved in this are very good at enticing people in deeper and deeper through a variety of tactics such as making you feel special to be getting such a good reading, or by making it seem urgent that you find out more... You might even hear that someone with more powers than they have needs to be called in for you... and of course that will probably involve payment...

Just be careful is the long and short of it... I'm not saying all are the same, but enough are to make it worth considering.
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

May 6, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Fr_Chuck and oneguyinohio,
    Thanks for the replies! I'm going to extra cautious about this. I've never looked at this before but I'm pretty open minded. My main concerns are about my career and if there is a new love in my future. I keep worrying about being stuck in an ordinary job the rest of my life, not finishing college, and being single. Single life is fine for a time but I want to settle down and get married. I want children. Right now there seems to be nothing in sight. They say there is someone for everyone-I'm desperate to find out if my somebody exists and where she's at. If a psychic can give me a little hope-great. I just don't want to get ripped off, and nowadays all there seems to be a flourish of psychic hotlines and the like. I feel a little reassured that this person I am thinking about seeing has been doing this for 40 years yet I still have my doubts. Being taken advantage of and suckered into more services is the first thing that popped in my mind when I considered a psychic. Again, thanks for the advice and take care. Jason
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jun 17, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Don't pay out the bum for a reading.

Be careful with your words.. don't hint things or explain what you want to hear in full description because they can figure things out very simply with what you say.

Don't try to show that much emotion either.

I've had a few accurate readings that were amazing but I was careful in what I said.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 05:54 PM
    For your job, if you want to spend some money, there are job coaches, we used to have one here that posted from time to time. You may try one of the employment boards. They can do testing, help you learn to deal with certain things, how to do interviews and help you find a area of work that may be best for you.

As for love, I wish there was some magic cure for that, with 1/2 of all marriages and relationships ending in divorce or separation, and with so much lying and deceit, I don't know why any of us do it.
    Often talking with several older women with similar backgrounds, we learn from their experience.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2008, 06:24 AM
    They are a waste of money and most are a scam.
    I also look at it this way. They can tell you you are going to meet someone (even give details of them) and marry them. First problem, you then go out and think the first person that fits the details in the least little way is 'the one' Second problem, the psychic told you you would marry didn't mention whether it would be a great marriage or not.
    Follow your heart and instincts is always more accurate if you stop and listen to your inner self.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can any one tell me give me a psychic reading [ 2 Answers ]

I though here people are nice and help ful and will give some psychic reading but all are just for fun so I will not ask my question

Psychic free reading [ 1 Answers ]

Would like to have answer concerning the outcome of my pending legal case

Can anybody give me psychic reading? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Paige My DOB is June/12/93 and can anybody give me a Phsyhic reading about love? If not can you tell me where to go for a free Phsyhic reading ?

Psychic reading for a scorpio [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old male born Nov. 21, 1989 at 3:50 pm. Is anything good in my future considering everything else is going bad right now. Any love or anything. Please give me a Psychic reading.

View more questions Search