Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike from Puerto Rico Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Door Bell Ringer
    I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box. The existing one is inside a receptacle box.

Can somebody tell me if there is one Door Bell on the market that can be install using that receptacle box?

I'll keep looking, but if you can help me with this I'll appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Feb 21, 2006, 04:21 PM
    [QUOTE=Mike from Puerto Rico]I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box. The existing one is inside a receptacle box.

Can somebody tell me if there is one Door Bell on the market that can be install using that receptacle box?

I'll keep looking, but if you can help me with this I'll appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike[/QUOTE please provide more information... is it battery /wireless?. if it is electric you may able to adjust the volume
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 05:11 PM
    I checked the Bticino web site, they still make electrical devices but no longer make or support bells.

Check the nameplate for the voltage the unit needs, and find a normal chime that you like. Even if it is a high voltage, say 120 volt, and you cannot find a chime in the voltage, use a small chime transformer for the one you like.

If you only rent, get a wireless chime, each button and the chime usues batteries, last a good long time, and can be as simple as sticking on the wallwith double back tape to install.

Feb 23, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Is an electric alarm. The size is exacly like a in wall on/off switch.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
    GE/Edwards Signal offers a buzzer that fits in a wall case:

http://www.edwards-signals.com/index...39&PG=3&PID=42

Feb 23, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Thanks Russell, that's exacly the kind I'm Looking for. Excellent!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bell Trap [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone explain what a bell trap is? I have in my older home what I think are metal bell traps. Grate has a bell shaped cup that goes over drain. Is the theory that a small amount of water lays in the drain sealing the bell to drain and sewer smell out, but still allows water to drain off the...

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Saved By The Bell Trivia? [ 9 Answers ]

Haven't seen the show in ages but still remember episodes like yesterday. O.K. on with the trivia. 1. What actress played Schreeche's girlfriend Violet? 2. What was the name of the high school they all went to? 3. What was the Song Jessie Spanno sang in her room while she was addicted to...

Door bell ringer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing just the ringer part of the doorbell (the type of doorbell with a transformer). Should I shut off the electricity when doing this, or since they are low-voltage wires is it OK to install it with the electricity on? Or is this a stupid question ;) The way the electricians wired our...

View more questions Search