Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHANTEL515 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Felony Restriction
    I was on probation for 5 yrs 2003 tO 2008. I just got off in march. Will I still have a problem finding a school or a company that will take me on.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 01:56 PM
    You could encounter some restrictions depending on the company and the school depending on what kind of job you are seeking and what kind of school you want to attend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Because you were convicted of a felony ( also it can even depend on what type of felony) there are some jobs that you may not be able to do.

Real estate agent, insurance agent or two that come to mind, at least in my states, you can't even attend the school for them if you had been convicted of a felony without a wavier first.

Also of course if you and three other people apply for a job, and everyone has good job history and everyone has the same education, who will get the job, one who has a conviction on record or one who has no record?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 10:28 PM
    What were you convicted of and what kind of job(s) is it that you are qualified now for or would like to be qualified?
    rossgeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANTEL515
    I was on probation for 5 yrs 2003 tO 2008. I just got off in march. Will I still have a problem finding a school or a company that will take me on.
    Sex offence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

A felon and unsure what restriction come with it. [ 7 Answers ]

Im am 20 with a Associates in Liberal Arts. Will attend Hunter College(NY) in the fall. Was convicted of a felony at the age of 16 and charged as an adult. My charge was Attempted Robbery, under (YO) youth offender(something wasn't to sure of, but it got me out from a 1-3 bid). Wanted to major in...

Restriction code [ 1 Answers ]

I forgot my restriction code for my cell phone. Do you know how I can fix this problem? Thank you :)

Wattage restriction? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a tri-light table lamp that has a sticker on the bulb socket that warns of fire hazard over 100watts. BUT a stamp on the socket reads 250V 250W. Is there truly a danger in using a 150watt tri-light bulb?

View more questions Search