Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lfoxworth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:01 PM
    How much should I feed my 5 month old baby boy?
    I usually give him 6 to 7 ounces of formula every 3 to 4 hours. Is that too much or too little?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 07:14 PM
    At his age you shouldn't hold back if he's still hungry. His body self regulates if all is well. How is his weight percentile? Ours was always on the low side... he's a "string bean"... so we fed him as often as he wanted... and 6-8 ounces of breastmilk was common in this timeframe of 3-4 hours.

As you come on to 6 mo you can start considering supplementing formula with solids, such as rice cereal, if he is seeming to be still hungry after formula. We waited well past 6 mo for solids as we had an ample supply of breast milk stored in the freezer and wanted to use it as long as possible, but I think he wouldve gladly started solids sooner.

Does your child seem hungry all the time? Is there a problem or are you just asking?
    gettricey Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 10:18 AM

My second Grandson is 3 months old. We introduced both boys (first Gbaby is now 2 1/2) the stage 1 and stage 2 baby foods OR rice cereal mixed with 4 oz of formula. They both tolerated it well and "feeding them" didn't change their bowels habits as it will constipate some babies. (baby stage 1 and 2 bananas is good to regulate that problem) It will satisfy them so they will sleep better and not want to eat every 2-3 hours. Keep in mind that every child is different and results will vary...
    You can also pick up a Sassy Ceral/Food Feeder at your local CVS. It's excellent for stage 1 and 2 baby foods.
    Best of luck to you
    gettricey Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Sugar water and Sweetened Cat Nip Tea (buy @ local health foods store) are wonderful in addition to formula and stage 1 and 2 baby foods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I feed my 6 month old baby girl? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if my baby girl is eating good. This is what she eats : 8-9 6ounze bottles of powder milk 2 3ounze plates of rice cereal 2- cans of fruit (gerber) Some of my food as well like rice, banana, bread ,soup What do you think!!

What can I feed my 9 month old daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can give my 9 month old regular vitamin d milk instead of formula?

How to feed my 6 month old? [ 5 Answers ]

Right now I'm feeding my baby 32 oz. a day of formula and oatmeal cereal one time every night before she goes to bed. Today, was the first time that I tried 1st stage foods, carrots. She was so disgusted. I didn't want to force it so I stop after the 4th try. My pediatrian said to try one...

Can I feed my 3 month old cow's milk? [ 25 Answers ]

Have a 3 month old and am wondering if I can give him any type of cow's milk, whether it be whole, 2%, etc. I know its not RECOMMENDED, but am wondering what will happen. Thank you.

How much should I feed my 5 month old Lab? [ 1 Answers ]

I feed my 5 month old Lab 2 cups of food each morning, and night. Is that the correct amount? Thanks

View more questions Search