Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DON1122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Unusual behavior
    Ive Had My Cat For Nearly 9 Years.she Is About 13. We Moved House About Seven Months Ago
    My Cat Stayed In For The First Four Months But Has Been Going Out A Little Each Day.not At Night.since Then She Don't Want To Come In Much Anymore.and Will Only Eat Pouch Food And Dried Nothing Else.when We Call Her In She Stands Beneath The Window Kind Of Howling Looking Up But Not Jumping Up To Get In Yet We Know She Can.and When She Is In She Is Howling To Get Out.im Really Upset By This.she Has Always Been Close To Us And Has Always Ate Varied Food Without The Fussiness.she Also Came Back The Other Day With A Front Fang Type Tooth Missing.any Ideas Please.thank You.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Call me cruel, but my cat does not go outside.

While this may seem odd to some, let me explain.

I love my cat. I don't want anything to happen to her, like having her tooth knocked out.
    When she was a kitten, we did take her out once. She got into a huge rose bush, got stuck, was very traumatic, for her, and for us. I rescued her, and took her back inside. Now, you could stand with the door wide open for two hours, she will not try to get out. I think she has a very good memory!

The move has obviously upset your cat. Given the fact that it is used to being outdoors, I would not recommend changing that since it would just cause more confusion.

All I can say is as long as the cat goes outdoors, you can expect that things are going to happen to it that you will have no control over. As far as the stand offish behavior, I suspect that will calm down as the cat gets more used to the new surroundings.

I hope things get better for you!
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Next time she doesint come in when you tell her go out and get her. And when she howls to get out tell her "no" . I agree with progunr the move has upset her and you should prevent her from going outside at all. OR! When she goes outside, follow her... don't let her see you see where she is giong... that's what I would do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual Cat behavior [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old black cat. She is acting very strange and she has started dragging my husband and my daughters clothes all over the house when we leave. She will pull them out of the closet and out of drawers if left open. Is she angry or what could be making her do this? Thanks

Unusual discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having an unusal "discharge" I would call it I guess. I had a UTI the last 3 months of my pregnancy. I am now 9 weeks postpartum. MY urine has been strong smelling, Dark, and when I wipe there is like little white like (about the size of rice) goop that come out when I wipe. At first I...

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Unusual behavior for my daschund [ 1 Answers ]

I have a year old mini long haired daschund. He usually is very perky, etc. This morning I put him out to go to the bathroom. He wouldn't go - I had to walk him out and stand with him. Then, he's been laying around more than usual and follows me more than usual, sitting between my legs or wants...

View more questions Search