Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2C_is2believe Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

May 6, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Digital camera software and photos
    I recently purchased a digital camera. I loaded the camera software into my computer without a hitch. I was also able to download the pictures from the camera onto the computer without a hitch. I am trying to send some of the pics by email. I accessed the software, I saw all my pictures, but when it said to press "new e-mail", the button was nowhere to be found. I re-read the manual, and it showed where the button was supposed to be, but for some reason, maybe my monitor is not large enough, but I could not see the button on my screen. I really want to get some of these pictures into email, but without that button being visible, I am not sure if I can. Is is possible to minimize the size of the program, or do I need to purchase a larger monitor? The monitor I have is 19". How much bigger of a monitor would I need? I have never had any problems with any other software, just this one.

Any suggestions?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 6, 2008, 08:53 AM
    First of all it is recommended that the image density be reduced to 72 ppi. (pels per inch) for attachment to e-mails.

You might need a photo-editor to do that for you. I use PhotoShop 6 or PhotoShop Elements 4.0.

You may be able to find a "Freeware" editor on either CNet.com or Tucows.com. Freeware means exactly that, no cost. "Shareware" means it will cost you a token amount.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 09:12 AM
    While the method described in your manual may be easier and faster, you can use regular email, and just attach the photos you want to send.

Are you familier with using attachments?

If not, I can explain in detail.

If you plan to send many photos in a single email, you may need to reduce the size of them, this can be done in the paint program if you are using windows. Be careful though to save the reduced photos with a different file name otherwise you will loose the full size photos forever.

Good Luck!

May 6, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    While the method described in your manual may be easier and faster, you can use regular email, and just attach the photos you want to send.

Are you familier with using attachments?

If not, I can explain in detail.

If you plan to send many photos in a single email, you may need to reduce the size of them, this can be done in the paint program if you are using windows. Be careful though to save the reduced photos with a different file name otherwise you will loose the full size photos forever.

Good Luck!
    Pro

I am not familiar with attachments. I tried last night, but still could not figure out how to get the pics into the email. I only want to send one pic of myself to my aunt. Nothing big or complex. Just one pic. When I tried going into the email and adding the pic as an attachment, it asks for the file that I want to go in. When I put in the name of the file, which is FinePix Viewer S, it shows the pics, but will not allow me to access the pics to add to the email. Could I try sending the pic to you to see if it works? Further explanation would be great!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 11:15 AM
    When you open your email, and click new message or compose, the box will open for the email. You should see something that says attachment. When you click "attachment", you should have a browse button. Click browse, then find the folder that contains the photo.

Double click on the photo you want to attach and it should do so automatically.

Then, enter any text you wish to include with the photo and select send.

You can try this to my email if you wish, I'll send it to you in a private message.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2008, 11:19 AM
    You might consider using one of the many photo sites like snapfish.com. These sites allow you to upload images to a web site, that you control access to. You then send a link to all the people you want to share the photos with. They can then download them, order prints, or just view them.

May 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
    AAAHHH!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

HOORAY FOR SCOTT! HOORAY FOR SCOTT!

I know I would not have been able to do this without you. Can't thank you enough for all of your help.

May 6, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    When you open your email, and click new message or compose, the box will open for the email. You should see something that says attachment. When you click "attachment", you should have a browse button. Click browse, then find the folder that contains the photo.

Double click on the photo you want to attach and it should do so automatically.

Then, enter any text you wish to include with the photo and select send.

You can try this to my email if you wish, I'll send it to you in a private message.

Thanks again for your patience and time. You should think about changing your screen name to ProComputerExpert! Lol :)

Oh how happy you have made me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Camera [ 4 Answers ]

I know this "forum" is about computers but I wanted to ask a question about a digital camera so hopefully someone can help me. I want to buy a DIGITAL CAMERA that can take multiple pictures at once... I hate waiting for it to take the picture wait for the flash show the picture and then reset to...

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

Viewing digital photos on TV [ 2 Answers ]

I want to show my digital photos on TV. Should I get the Microsoft floppy disc viewer or run the TV direct from the computer. I gather the socket is next to that of the monitor / I have two a phono and a multipin job. How would I configure it_ I don-t want to get a CD burner right now ...

View more questions Search