Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koh132001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Am I on insomnia?
    I can't sleep mostly and even I am in bed I can't relex or got a deep sleep.

I got a very sound sleep last 2 year but now I can't get much sleep as I am on totally preure and stress. Even though I close my eyes, it drag me at least two or three hours to get a lettle and when I got totally relax, its just 6-7 am in the morning so I am just back on track of everyday routine. Its almost like 1 and a half year from now. I don't take some sleep pills or drug as it would effect to my brain, but I also don't know which pills to take, that's why.

Please help me out on this, Tks a lot.

Salvador
    suminjavi Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 11:53 PM
    Hi Koh
    I've had the same problems after having my 2nd baby. If your interested in taking a sleep aid I would suggest 'Melatonin'. They sell that at any pharmacy. I got mine at walmart. They carry them in 1mg or 3mg for extra strength. My friend also suggested Tylenol PM.
    On my part I chose to take the Melatonin because its natural. It's already in our bodies but as we get older our bodies release it less and less. And also when you sleep try to make it as dark as possible in your room. Our body's respond to night and day. So if there's too much light our bodies won't naturally release this Melatonin. I hope that works, goodluck.
    -Sumi
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Hi,
    Sleep Disorders are somewhat common; and most of them go back to stress, pressure, or something that happened that you think of most of the day.
    I know it doesn't help much in saying that Stress is only caused by oneself. No one can put stress on me unless I let it happen! No one can put pressure on me, unless I let that happen also!
    With that said, if it doesn't help any, I would see a Doctor. He/she can prescribe something, fitted just for you, that will help relax you, and get a good nights sleep. It's something that does NOT have to be taken every day, but only when you feel you need it. That would be up to the Doctor.
    I do wish you the very best, and have you tried doing something relaxing lately, such as a hobbie you really like? Take your mind off things that bother you? Best wishes.
    koh132001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
    Tks a lot, appreciate it.

I hope it would work,
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 23, 2006, 10:56 AM
    I have the same kind of problem that your having and I agree that using sleeping pills is not always the best answer to solve the issue.;)

As posted above Melatonin is very good and its natural :) (but always check the label before using anything over the counter and also a doctors advice is good)... You can also try things like warm milk and COCO milky drinks as these can also help relax and chill you to sleep. Also taking a warm bath with lavender etc can help some people again.

Before you go to bed you can also try doing something that makes you feel relaxed such as listening to chill zone music as this works for some people or even some nice smooth classics... Also try not to think about anything or doing anything around an hour before your bed time is! Plus when you get into bed. If your like me you get more pissed the longer it takes you to sleep and your mind keeps things going over and over... If you do get this just relax and try not to think about going to sleep put everything out of your mind so its clear.

You must also go and see your doctor and tell them you don't want drugs you want them to help you with the issue using all NATURAL PRODUCTS.
    jurplesman Posts: 83, Reputation: 7
    -

May 1, 2006, 11:24 PM
    Please read the

The Biochemistry of Insomnia
    ---> here

To get some clues as to how to treat it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy insomnia? [ 13 Answers ]

Can insomnia be a symptom of pregnancy? I'm well into my second trimester, and I'm up at all hours of the night, several nights a week. Right now it's 3:30 a.m. and I'm wide awake. Most nights that I'm up like this I eat an obscene amount of snacks and play nintendo for hours and hours. Not a very...

View more questions Search