Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Interested80906 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 07:04 AM
    Paternity test proves NO
    :cool:

Hey:

Need some advise.

My 20 yr old son was ordered to take DNA paternity test while in jail.
    The results came back NEGAVTIVE. He is not the biological father.
    (in writing,on paper)
    The court has jurisdiction and now wants him to take another test
    (the girl insists he is the father) Does he have to comply?

Don't want him to pay child support for 18 years!
    The girl's a hoe, and has had another guy tested too! My son's best
    Friend.

After work,
    Sincerely
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Hi,
    Taking another test doesn't mean it will come out showing he is the father.
    If the Court said take another test, then he will have to.
    These samples are analyzed in different labs; there is not just one that does it.
    I do wish you and him the very best of luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
    If the court orders him to take another, he must comply, unless his attorney can successfully object.

... but gosh, I'm thinking that since he took one, the court would not order him to take another - unless they felt the first one was inaccurate for some reason.

Sounds like a hairy mess. I do hope it all turns out for him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2006, 07:51 AM
    Yes, first he needs an attorney for this.

Second since the court ordered it yes he will have to take it, unless he can prove why this would be illegal.

The only reason I can believe they would order a second test is that they believe there was some problem with the first test or it was not done by a company that this court normally uses.

Feb 22, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Thanks Fellows :)

I was inclined to believe he has to take another test. Myself ,I can not understand why either.

Its not that he wasn't clean or anything, I mean after all he had been locked up in jail for 3 months on traffic charges. The test was taken the last month.

I should have gone to court with him.However my daughter did and she said
    All the girl did was cry to the judge and insist he is the father, then the judge order another test.

So, what if the second test comes back positive? We will have two results
    One positive and one negative.

Guess we do need an attorney hugh?

Protective Mom
    Sosdog Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Well, yes you should get attorney.

And once you have an attorney no he wouldn't have to take another test unless the first test was proven to be invalid.

Sos

p.s. and I cannot believe that ANY judge would order a second test just because she was crying in court.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 03:31 PM
    If the second test comes back positive, then you would need to get an attorney.

You would also probably have cause to ask for a 3rd test to be preformed since the results would be split 1-1.

The Judge should have had a legal reason to order a second test, but if your son didn't have proper legal representation in court with him, I can see the Judge might ordering another test since your son might not have objected to it.

Have your son take the test and it should come back negative and next time he's in court over this (if he is, he needs to speak up and say that 2 tests have been done and both were negative).

Feb 24, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Dear Captain Forest:
    You were right.
    According to my daughter,who was there in Court, He had no representation
    And did not speak up.
    He has another Court date to appear and believe me I will be there and if he does not speak up, I WILL.
    Thanks, Cynthia
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Feb 24, 2006, 10:35 PM
    Dear Loving Mom (Interested80906)

I am sure you are a loving mother and have your sons best interest at heart. NO ONE can speak up louder than a mother that believes her young ones have been wronged. BUT -- you really need to get a lawyer for your son. You need someone that knows the law and not someone (you) that knows your son and the hoe.

Good Luck
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested80906
    Dear Captain Forest:
    You were right.
    According to my daughter,who was there in Court, He had no representation
    and did not speak up.
    He has another Court date to appear and believe me I will be there and if he does not speak up, I WILL.
    Thanks, Cynthia

That's good. Someone needs to be there to stand up for him.

Hopefully, though, it will not come to that being that the first test was already negative.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 07:28 PM
    The negative DNA test should exonerate him. There should be no basis whatsoever for subjecting him to any more tests (unless it's for a different child.)

Mar 20, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Thanks for responding.
    Turns out(DNA), his best friend is the daddy !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test / Child Support / Custody [ 13 Answers ]

I got pregnant in January of 2005 by a guy I had been with for about 7 months. As soon as I said the word, he demanded I have an abortion and he was out the door. I couldn't go through with the abortion, and I had considered adoption but in the end I couldn't do that either. I had the baby 5 weeks...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Extraterrestrial Life Proves What? [ 2 Answers ]

It is both annoying and amusing to see some atheist astronomers repeatedly claim that finding life on Mars or anywhere else in the universe proves that there is no God. It causes one to wonder if the institutions of higher learning of which these scientists are a product are doing their graduates a...

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search