Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bek77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Finance and Accounting, Online Education
    Midland Oil has $1,000 par value bonds outstanding at 8 percent interest. The
    bonds will mature in 25 years. Compute the current price of the bonds if the
    present yield to maturity is:
    a. 7 percent.
    b. 10 percent.
    c. 13 percent.

7. Go to Table 10–1 which is based on bonds paying 10 percent interest for
    20 years. Assume interest rates in the market (yield to maturity) decline from
    11 percent to 8 percent:
    a. What is the bond price at 11 percent?
    b. What is the bond price at 8 percent?
    c. What would be your percentage return on investment if you bought when
    rates were 11 percent and sold when rates were 8 percent?

19. North Pole Cruise Lines issued preferred stock many years ago. It carries a fixed
    dividend of $6 per share. With the passage of time, yields have soared from the
    original 6 percent to 14 percent (yield is the same as required rate of return).
    a. What was the original issue price?
    b. What is the current value of this preferred stock?
    c. If the yield on the Standard & Poor’s Preferred Stock Index declines, how
    will the price of the preferred stock be affected?

21. Analogue Technology has preferred stock outstanding that pays a $9 annual
    dividend. It has a price of $76. What is the required rate of return (yield) on the
    preferred stock?

24. Friedman Steel Company will pay a dividend of $1.50 per share in the next
    12 months (D1). The required rate of return (Ke) is 10 percent and the constant
    growth rate is 5 percent.
    a. Compute P0.
    (For parts b, c, and d in this problem all variables remain the same except the one
    specifically changed. Each question is independent of the others.)
    b. Assume Ke, the required rate of return, goes up to 12 percent; what will be
    the new value of P0?
    c. Assume the growth rate (g) goes up to 7 percent; what will be the new
    value of P0?
    d. Assume D1 is $2, what will be the new value of P0?
    27. A firm pays a $4.90 dividend at the end of year one (D1), has a stock price of
    $70, and a constant growth rate (g) of 6 percent. Compute the required rate of
    return.
    Bisi-Love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free online education [ 4 Answers ]

Sir, Please help me to find for the courses which are available free of cost for studying them online. Thanks lokesh

About online education, the specifics. [ 1 Answers ]

So, I work offshore on a call-out basis, and have limited internet connectivity while I'm out. I'm very interested in beginning my secondary education (at the tender age of 37) through online courses. My biggest question is how does the actual transfer of data take place? While offshore, I have...

Online Education [ 3 Answers ]

How and where do I get a free online degree in Theology?

Online Education [ 3 Answers ]

I am concerned about the validity of Ashwood University. They claim to be an accredited online school, issuing life experience degrees. I can't find any information to verify that the are accredited by a legitimate organization. Please, if anyone has information about this online program, I'm...

View more questions Search