Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spteacher81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Wear and tear
    Can may former landlord use $400 of my security to pay a company to repaint and fix small holes created from hanging mirrored pic frames? When he indeed verbally stated, in front of witnesses that I did not have to complete the repairs, he would do them when he renovated the apt.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spteacher81
    Can may former landlord use $400 of my security to pay a company to repaint and fix small holes created from hanging mirrored pic frames? When he indeed verbally stated, in front of witnesses that I did not have to complete the repairs, he would do them when he renovated the apt.

Did he say he would do them free when he renovated the apartment or was that part of the "discussion" unsaid? If not, yes, he can - he does not have to allow you to repair damages. He could allow you to attempt the repairs but whether they are satisfactory is his decision. Of course, all of this has to backed up with photos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Normal wear and tear on a rental property [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new rental property which was rented for two years. When the tenants move out, there were three large holes in the kitchen from a barstool stain.The tenants claim, it is a normal wear and tear and not considered as a damage to the carpet. I have searched on the website, and this is...

"Normal" wear and tear [ 1 Answers ]

I was told that in Washington state, a landlord must replace the carpeting every 5 years. I know that he bought this property 5 years ago. The carpet was stained and smelly when I moved in. We did not write anything about its condition on our contract. I suspect that he will charge us for...

Normal wear & tear vs. Damage? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been renting a room in a single family home in Maryland for the past 2 years (I have had other room-mates move in and out during the time I've been here, and currently have 2 guys living in the other 2 bedrooms, but we all have separate leases), and I gave my 30 days notice to move out on...

Normal Wear and Tear [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for the help with LMR. I saw a list somewhere showing what is normal wear and tear after 1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs... etc and the replacement or repair or painting that the landloard will be responsible for when tenant vacates. It may have been a California Laws site?? Can someone provide a...

Clutch wear and tear... [ 3 Answers ]

When I am driving on smooth straight road at say 100 km/hr and I realize I want to stop at say 1 km ahead (assume that there is no other vehicle ahead or behind). I can continue at same speed or little less speed, and later apply break when I want to stop. But that means I waste some fuel. To...

View more questions Search