Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christichandler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Coloring ash brown hair to blonde
    Have been highlighting my ash brown hair at salon and can't afford any more. What color can I use for an all over beige/blonde shade?
    mzrota Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 09:37 PM

Depends on how light or how dark you want it.
    You got to be careful with home products as they can go a strange colour if not done properly.
    Stay away from ah colours as they can go a blue/green colour.
    But go to a salon and ask for their advice!
    They would be happy to help and that will prevent a disaster from happening!
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 13, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Highlighting ash brown is usually done with bleach. There are highlighting kits that you can use for that -- or you can go to beauty supply houses (Sallys, for example) and purchase the items separately (cap or foil, bleach, developer).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde->Black Hair Coloring: Bleach first? [ 16 Answers ]

I am planning on dying my hair from dark blond (level 7) to black (level 1). My friend is telling me that I should pull all color out of my hair before dying it black so that I do not get unwanted colors in it. However, I have very fine hair and I am worried about the amount of damage that pulling...

Coloring hair ash brown turns red/orange [ 5 Answers ]

I've been coloring my hair at home for about a year with Ion brand hair color that I purchased from Sally's. The problem is that it colors slightly red/orange. I would like a cooler shade of brown. Does anyone know why this happens and how I correct it? I use medium ash brown with 20 developer. ...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Get rid of brassiness when coloring brown hair lighter! [ 0 Answers ]

How can I get rid of the orange/brassiness in my medium-light brown hair when I color my hair ultra light brown? Should I try and ultra-light ash brown color?

View more questions Search