Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollyvictoria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
    I hate being jelous?
    I have a boyfriend, we have been together just coming up to a year.once he felt like he had 2 email this girl behind my back to be her friend apparently, but he asked if she was single andlet her say she wanted to rip my hair out, a few days after that I went on my boyfriends facebok and found the messages. I called him up and confronted him. He simply said you have driving me to this. We soon split up for a week, then he came running back because he realised he missed me.he now every now and again goes out and pictures start appearing on Facebook and she says sly little comments now and again which winds me up. She has a boyfriend though.I bring her up every now and again me and my boyfriend have massive arguments about it. He says he doesn't care about her but I'm so paranoidi don't know what to do. I need to stop this how can I. I do trust him but not round her because she does things to wind me up and she succeeds.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 09:29 AM
    First off, coming from a person who used to be 10x worse than where you are. You can't say that you trust him but not around her, you just don't trust him in general. Saying that you don't trust him around a certain person is a lie to yourself. The quicker you realize that the sooner you can't start to recover. What he did betrayed your trust, no doubt about that one but being jealous doesn't help the situation.

Try to seek out counseling, read books and any available information on the interwebs about jealousy. It will help you realize why you are in fact jealous and what insecurities it all stems from.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 5, 2008, 09:34 AM
    If you generally are a trusting person, this jealousy might be just the feeling of being betrayed. Did you ask him why he chose this girl to email with? What did he give as a reason that you 'drove' him to it? What type of sly comments do you get from this other individual? Did he ever meet her in person?
    Lots of questions, huh? - Well, I at least need to know more to figure out if your jealousy is justified and if he is worth your time now and in the future, so see what you can provide for me.

One thing for sure, it is not healthy for you to continue with this being unresolved. You need answers and peace of mind.

So, get back with us.

squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 5, 2008, 09:36 AM
    If you want to be with him and you said "he doesn't care" about this other girl, then tell him he can't have contact with her if he wants to be with you.
    amIwrong Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

May 5, 2008, 09:41 AM
    There can't be such a thing as selective trust. You should be able to trust your man in a room of playmates as you would non-attractive people... so if he has given you any indication that you can't trust him, well, he needs to re-establish your trust and you have to be willing to let go and do so. If he continues to abuse that then you need to move on because it may be harder for you down the road with a new boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyvictoria
    i have a boyfriend, we have been together just coming up to a year.once he felt like he had 2 email this girl behind my back to be her friend apparently, but he asked if she was single andlet her say she wanted to rip my hair out, a few days after that i went on my boyfriends facebok and found the msgs. i called him up and confronted him. he simply said you have drivin me to this. we soon split up for a week, then he came running back because he realised he missed me.he now every now and agin goes out and pictures start appearing on facebook and she says sly little comments now and again which winds me up. she has a boyfriend though.i bring her up every now and again me and my boyfriend have massive arguments about it. he says he doesnt care about her but im so paranoidi dont know what to do. i need to stop this how can i. i do trust him but not round her because she does things to wind me up and she succeeds.

May 5, 2008, 09:42 AM
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by squeaks77
    If you want to be with him and you said "he doesn't care" about this other girl, then tell him he can't have contact with her if he wants to be with you.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 09:44 AM
    I don't agree with that, because it will start with one person then slowly migrate to more and more things. You either chose to leaves the past in the past or leave him behind. Don't impose rules on someone. Love is like sand, if you hold it too tight it slips right through your fingers.

May 5, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Both very good points. If you do that, if could lead you to basically bully someone in a relationship which would make them do exactly what you don't want them to do and then you will never have a valid trust for me for which they have earned on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    I don't agree with that, because it will start with one person then slowly migrate to more and more things. You either chose to leaves the past in the past or leave him behind. Don't impose rules on someone. Love is like sand, if you hold it too tight it slips right through your fingers.
    -

May 5, 2008, 10:17 AM
    But he also needs to leave the past in the past and that includes the woman he felt "driven to". That doesn't sound like an innocent liaison at all!

May 5, 2008, 11:01 AM
    As lame as it may sound he bascially should want to avoid this person. Knowing that something bothers your mate and doing so anyway has only one result long term.
    But he also needs to leave the past in the past and that includes the woman he felt "driven to". That doesn't sound like an innocent liaison at all!
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
    I think the avoiding the person situation comes down to the relationship that he has with her. If he has been friends with her for a while and they have known each other, forcing him to choose is the wrong thing to do. On the other hand, if they just started talking with the email that you mentioned, that I really don't see why he needs to keep in contact with her.

Just remember forcing someone to choose a significant other or their friends is a bad idea.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

May 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
    You give off an arrogant vibe. I'd bet he did it to piss you off, remind you that you're not the only one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 10:28 PM
    Whatever it takes you need to stop arguing, and do some talking. Your letting this female, who has a b/f, come between you and him, and that's not good. Talk and listen to each other, and work together to solve your problems, or what's the point in being in a relationship? You can't let others break you down like that. Your giving her way too much power over you. Your b/f doesn't help things either. How old are you two?
    -

May 6, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZero
    you give off an arrogant vibe. I'd bet he did it to piss you off, remind you that you're not the only one.
    Ignore this self described zero!
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Hey squeaks, it's perfectly okay to disagree with someone's advice but to insist on name calling is not exactly mature. Within the rights, Forever has given sound advice and been around longer. I also got the vibe that the poster came off arrogan by saying he realized he missed me and the comments about him running back to her.
    -

May 6, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Hey squeaks, it's perfectly okay to disagree with someone's advice but to insist on name calling is not exactly mature. Within the rights, Forever has given sound advice and been around longer. I also got the vibe that the poster came off arrogan by saying he realized he missed me and the comments about him running back to her.
    All he did was judge her WITH NO ADVICE GIVEN!! This is not JudgeMeHelpDesk. If her question was "Do I come off as arrogant?" his answer would have been appropriate.
    I actually gave her advice, not posting just to get my numbers higher.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 12:31 PM
    All he did was judge her? Did you read his whole post? He told her that she came off arrogant, then proceeded to tell her that he could very well be doing it to let her know she isn't the only one.

If you want to look at the advice you gave her, not many people would agree with giving someone a choice of her or me because then you are trying to control the relationship. I have been down that road and it only leads to worse things and please, no caps as it gives the impression of yelling
    -

May 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
    All he did was judge her? Did you read his whole post? He told her that she came off arrogant, then proceeded to tell her that he could very well be doing it to let her know she isn't the only one.

If you want to look at the advice you gave her, not many people would agree with giving someone a choice of her or me because then you are trying to control the relationship. I have been down that road and it only leads to worse things and please, no caps as it gives the impression of yelling
    So your wife would have no problem with you hanging out with some chick she found you having inappropriate text messages with? I seriously doubt it!! But you understand every relationship like no one else does don't you God.. . opps I mean Rome? And I will use caps for emphasis whether you allow me to or not.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 6, 2008, 01:07 PM
    If you want to look at the advice you gave her, not many people would agree with giving someone a choice of her or me because then you are trying to control the relationship.
    BINGO (not yelling:) )
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
    First off, I'm not married. Second, asking if someone is single is far from inappropriate. Is it wrong? Sure! But inappropriate, to me, means sexual passes through a text. Never once did I say I understood every relationship, I simply add my advice to the situation and so far, it seems to be that people think it's decent enough. And as far as the caps comment I sent to you, that was sent through a forum admin, so it's not me allowing or not allowing you to do something. Please go back and read the forum rules, thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

I hate me [ 3 Answers ]

I hate me. I'm not fat but feel it, I have no self confidence, I hate my job and can't afford to start a new career. I'm on antidepressants and I'm seeing a councillor but they don't help. I have been sexually abused I'm married but think my husband preffers to hate me than love me but he never hit...

Would they hate me? [ 14 Answers ]

I am gay. Nobody knows it. Don't know what will happen it I tell someone (freinds/family) Good chance my parents would kick me out. Also good chance that my & friends won't talk to me. Pleez respond...

View more questions Search