Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emeline Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 08:00 AM
    How to name my 2 kitten
    I will get in about a month 2 baby boy kitten. They are brothers. But I don't really know how to name them. I've already thought about "Fluffly" or "Lucky" or "Sparky". Xcuse me for my bad english but I'm French and I'm looking for 2 cute names for my kittens. It would be great if the end of their name is in "y". Thanks a lot for your help.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Usually, names come naturally. Perhaps take the first day or two getting to know them and play with them, and perhaps the name'll come naturally to you.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Are their any distinctive features that stand out on the two kittens? Such as strips, one spot on the head, one ear bigger than the other etc?

Do they walk funny, or meow softly?

You can name them based on their physical and personal traits.

Or you can name then after your favorite celebrity, color, food etc.

There is all sorts of name out there! I'm sure that whatever youy pick, the name will fit with the kittens perfectly!
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 5, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeline
    I will get in about a mounth 2 baby boy kitten. They are brothers. But I don't really know how to name them. I've already thought about "Fluffly" or "Lucky" or "Sparky". xcuse me for my bad english but I'm French and I'm looking for 2 cute names for my kittens. It would be great if the end of their name is in "y". Thanks a lot for your help.
    There are a lot of resources on the internet with great cat names. I also have two cats... both black.

Mine came at different times so they are not named the same, I have a shadow and a Lucky.

If you want them similar try something like Andy and Dandy.

Here are some good sites that will give you ideas:

Kitten Names

Male Kitten Names / Boy Kitten Names
    (this one has twin kitten names and French kitten names)

Kitten names at PetNamesWorld.com

Cat Names for Your New Male - Cuddly Cat Names

Good luck to you... let us know what you decide.

Shirley
    darkend wings Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 08:33 AM
    It would help if you could have included what color they would be but I have to boy cats and there name go off there color. Like blacky and frosty.

May 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Here are some pictures of my kittens. One is light grey with stripes and his head is light brown. He seems to have some black lipstick. The other one is dark grey with stripes and he has a spot under his moustaches.
    Of course when I'll find the right names I'll tell you.
    Attached Images

darkend wings Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Tiggy sounds like a pretty good name for the one that doesn't have black around the lips.

May 6, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Tiggy, that's a very good idea ! I like this idea. Thank you. My friend who will give me this 2 kittens has just told me that the one with the blak lips mews very lowd and that he climbs upon her legs when he is hungry. It is funny, I think.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Smokey, Frisky, Foxy, Ricky, Bobby,
    Holy... my neighbor has a cat named Holy Smoke... he is grey and was named that in hopes that he would not be so ornery.
    When I was young we had a cat named Squirmey... he was always trying to squirm away from us.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Awww they are so cute!

I just want to reach into the screen and squeeze 'em tight! :)

May 7, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Thank you very much, Beautifulbrunette for this compliment ! I also think that they are cute and seem to be scamp. :rolleyes: ;) :p
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 10:15 AM
    You're welcome!

I always have loved naming my pets exotic names. If one of the kittens is female maybe you can name her 'Ruby' or 'Desiriah'

May 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Sorry but they are both male.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 8, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeline
    I will get in about a mounth 2 baby boy kitten. They are brothers. But I don't really know how to name them. I've already thought about "Fluffly" or "Lucky" or "Sparky". xcuse me for my bad english but I'm French and I'm looking for 2 cute names for my kittens. It would be great if the end of their name is in "y". Thanks a lot for your help.
    The one with the black on his mouth just looks like a scrappy. Kitty with a little black scrap piece on his face. Wonder if he will be a fighter?

I have a sister in law that has a cat named Chewy because he liked to chew on things.

Very cute kittens.

Shirley
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

May 8, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Heh. When I saw the one with the darker fur, I immediately thought of 'Geo' which sounds like a really bad name for a cat... but I don't know. It popped into my head.

I like Chewy, too... it's like a tribute to star wars.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2008, 09:12 AM
    I like the Tiggy suggestion, that's a cute name. How about Scampy?

They are just adorable, I wish my hubby and son weren't allergice to cats, I miss having cats. Congrats on the new additions. :)
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 10:13 AM
    I love cats but I'm allergic to them too! That wouldn't stop me from having one though :)

May 8, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Lucky to me and my family, none of us are allergic to animals. We already have at home a dog and tropical fishes. We have already had 2 cats (one for me and the other for my sister) but they both disappeared and we are very sad. So we'll take these 2 smart kittens. I hope that they'll stay a long long time with us.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Emeline spaying and neutering before they reach sexual maturity will keep them closer to home.

May 9, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Excuse me but what does "neutering" means ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

New kitten [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a 2 months old kitten and I would like to have some infos and advices about cat.. Is it OK to bathe him?. feed him from our food and meals? How much time does he need to get used to his name? I'm calling him NIMO, but he isn't responding to the name till now.. I would appriciate...

New kitten [ 10 Answers ]

I'm getting a new kitten, I don't have any other cays but I do have to dogs, I was wondering if I should get a girl, or boy kitten. Im not going ot get it neutered, and its not going to bew aloud outside. I want it to be calm and socialanble which gender of cat is more like this?

New Kitten [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to get a new kitten, but I am worried about our space. I live upstairs at my house and I was wondering if you had any ideas how to keep my kitten from attempting to climb down the stairs outside my door.

Kitten help [ 2 Answers ]

Kittens in dire need of help!! Hello all,I am a first timer to this page.So I wasn't sure what catergory to put this under.I am a foster mommy to a beautiful cat who just recently had kittens last month.Before hand I didn't have fleas in my house and now I do,and they are on my kittens and I am...

View more questions Search