Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aksamanta64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Income Tax benefits on Pre-EMI of Housing Loan
    I am planning to purchase a Flat at Kolkata & approached LIC Housing Finance for loan. They agreed to provide the required amount. Now, as usually, builder asked payment in various stages. My query is, can I get Income Tax Benefits on these Pre-EMI benefits before taking possession of the flat or I have to apply for the benefits on the aggregate Pre-EMI paid after taking possession of the flat. In the second case, is there any upper limit ?

Check out some similar questions!

Income tax benefit clarification for Housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am Vineet Chattree, working with a TATA group. I purchased a flat in Chembur in December 2005. At that time builder declared 80% completion from Bank. However, I decided to start with EMI in place of pre-EMI based on 80% slab. Builder promised to give accommodation by June 2006, but...

Income tax rebate on housing loan. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know what is the income tax rebate that I can get On the housing loan. I have recently bought a property and took housing loan for the same. The property is in the form of Two 1 Bhk Flats adjacent to each other which I wish to join together later. So on what princiapal and...

Deduction of Housing Loan [ 1 Answers ]

Can Pre EMi for housing loan is eligible for deduction.

Income tax rebate on housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken housing loan from my office in the yr.2002 for flat under construction.I have already started deduction from my salary for the above loan.I have taken possession of the above flat in the current yr 2007. Shall I get income tax benefits for the accrued int.ffrom theyr 2002.If yes or no...

Calculation Income Tax for Housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

How to treat Housing Loan, LTA for computation of income tax,

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.