Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damir Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 07:33 PM
    How to make it on the varsity basketball team
    Hello
    Well I'm writeing to see if I can get any tips or secerets on how to make the varsity team please help me
    Here's a little about me
    I am 6"1 inch tall and I weight 155 and I'm only 15 years old and I am a sophomore in hig school
    And what would be my best possison on the team caus in the past I played a lot of possisions I'm preety good all around
    Please help me please
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2006, 08:23 PM
    I am sorry I have not answered several of your PM. But to be honest I don't know anything about basketball, OK played a few games of HORSE years ago. Note my picture I am a older fat man, while I may look like what I remember high school coaches lookng like, I don't even know the rules to the game.

I do know that there are many things a coach looks for in the players.
    But there are no short cuts and no magic fixes, just a lot of hard work.

I would say that I assume you are on JR Varisty team now??
    kingjamesway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Go to open gym everyday and show the coach what you got. Make sure you go against the best players so he will notice you
    Ballislife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Have faith in god, and don't let anyone take you out your game, stay focused and dedicated...
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Nov 22, 2012, 01:05 AM
    I know this is from a long time ago but hopefully someone with the same problem will read this...

I think you should try out for the post position because your tall and if you can work on your vertical and be disciplined and box out every time the ball goes up you are going to be unstoppable...

My high school team lives by Discipline, intensity, enthusiasm, class, effort, respect and pride...

Show your coaches you show all of those and work on your skills at game pace and you will have a really good chance of making the team you want. Also just ask god for the streangth to make the team he is pretty amazing and can help you overcome anything :)

Good luck!:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 05:07 AM
    Closed, old thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Team India loses... again [ 2 Answers ]

Well well... once again. Are we getting used to it?

Biblical Baseball Team [ 6 Answers ]

undefined :confused: I am searching for a story that I heard several years ago and can't for the life of me remember more than a couple things about it. I know it was very funny and had been told to some church youth at a gathering. The story is about a baseball team made up of Biblical...

Varsity Next season [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a question since basketball season was over. I been doing track and I been doing so much better with my running skills. I doing so much with my endurance and stamina. Since track season is over now. I been concentrating with basketball and been practicing and I getting ready for the...

About Varsity [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I really having some problems and my problem is what am I going to do when next year basketball season because I don't if I want to try out j.v again or varsity and see I'm going to be a junior next year, and if I try out for varsity, I know that I'm not going to get any playing timr because...

Team size optimization [ 2 Answers ]

What is the optimum size of teams to be employed during water-fall life-cycle stages. Please advise for any aretical , web-site link or other source of material related to the above topic.any opinion will be very much appreciated.

View more questions Search