Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcheffo Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Gas lamp post
    How much does a gas lamp post cost per year? Would I be better off switching to an electric post that is 300 watts with a photosensor? Thank you, Don
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Feb 21, 2006, 06:07 AM
    How much is your natural gas cost per therm?
    How much is your electrical cost per kilowat?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Hi, dcheffo,
    I will answer your question in this way, rather than trying to give an estimate of a gas lamp cost for a year; simply because it will increase in cost!
    Natural gas and/or propane has almost doubled for home use this year, over last year. It will continue to go up in costs; nationwide, in the United States.
    Many people in my local area, VA, TN, etc, are trying to switch over to electric heat pumps, using electricity for homes, rather than gas.
    If a normal gas bill for a home during the winter of 2004 was say under $300, then this winter, 2006, is seeing over $500 gas bills, per month!
    With all that in mind, electricity has increased somewhat, but not near as much as gas.
    You will be much better off, moneywise, to use electricity.
    These natural gas prices have been all over the TV Network News in the US this winter! I do wish you the best.
    dcheffo Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 08:32 AM
    I pay between 10 3/4cents to 11 3/4 cents depending on summer and winter.
    For gas I pay $9.55 per mcf. I don't know how much the gas lamp uses. Thanks Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Wall Lamp [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed two new Hampton Wall Lamps, replacing my outdoor gargage lights. My problem is that I reconnected white to white, black to black, and ground to ground in the same manner as the units replaced. When I turned the power back on, no lights? I tried grounding two different ways, wire to...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

Can someone post... [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to know if any one can post some photos taken with a wide angle lens? I checked some other sites-weren't really helpful... Thanks...

Problems finding bulb for lamp from UK [ 5 Answers ]

My friend just sent me a couple lamps from her trip to England. The problem is, I can't find light bulbs to fit them anywhere. I tried Lowe's and no luck. I don't even know how to go about searching to find out what they are even called. Rather than screwing in, the lamp has 2 prongs that stick up...

View more questions Search