Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2C_is2believe Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
    POP3 Server
    I was trying to send an e-mail but I received an error report stating POP3 server is not available. Does anyone know what this means?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 06:01 PM
    What email are you using, do you have that email setup on other email programs (outlook, your isp, etc... ) that you can try it on- perhaps your email p;rovider is temp down - have you made ay system changes recently

May 4, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    what email are you using, do you have that email setup on other email programs (outlook, your isp, etc...) that you can try it on- perhaps your email p;rovider is temp down - have you made ay system changes recently
    I have Comcast as my internet and email provider. I was trying to send an e-mail through Craigs List and that is when I encountered the error. I haven't had any problems today sending e-mails to my friends, just when I tried to send the e-mail through Craigs List. No, I have not made any system changes.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Not familiar with craigslist, it is possible their email server had a problem
    When you click to send email through craiglist, does your main email page or program come up or does it go through their channels
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2008, 06:22 PM
    POP3 is the standard way for e-mail to be sent around the Net. When you setup an e-mail account through an e-mail client, you need to tell the e-mail cleint the name of your POP3 or outgoing mail server. Your mail then goes to your maolbox on that server and from there, out into the Internet.

So, since the problem is only with craigslist, then either the problem was on their end (most likely) or you didn't setup your e-mail acount with them properly.

May 4, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Oh gosh guys, thank you so much for your help. Usually someone selling something on craigslist leaves a phone number. This person didn't leave a number, there was only a craigslist email attached to the top of the page. It connected to Outlook Express right away, which I am not sure is a Comcast feature or not. I don't recall seeing that in the past. I will have to go back in and check my account settings with craigslist and try again later.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to explain. Much appreciated.

May 4, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Well Scottgem and Seahwk83, you were right. My craigslist account was not set up properly. I fixed the settings and pasted the craigslist e-mail into my comcast e-mail and it went through just fine. No problems whatsoever.

Sheww...

Can't thank you enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make Cleints server from Main server? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having Internet connection at one computer and I want to share the internet with other computers. Will that is possible the same connection is used with other 4 to 5 computers or at least one computer.

Pop server pop3 [ 1 Answers ]

Aloha! I am a New Be, Some times when I go to send a reply I grt a pop 3 Server error Message, can you help me. Thank Very Much

Pop3 server in OE changes to 127.0.0.1 at boot. [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a devil of a time trying to figure out why Outlook Express keeps changing the pop3 server from pop.x.x.x to 127.0.0.1 after I shutdown or reboot. I have to remove all email accounts and reenter to receive emails. Just editing the pop3 server does nothing. I am using WinXP Home SP2,...

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

View more questions Search