Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexylicious1977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Trying to get a CDL but I don't know if I should with a felony
    I have wanted to get a CDL for a long time now. I have a few problems though. 1 I'm not sure how I will get my experience because everyone wants 3 + years driving experience. 2. I have felonies. I have a forgery and a theft from 1997. My driving record isn't a problem. That is perfectly clear. No kind of tickets what so ever.

Is there any trucking companies who hires felons?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 05:23 PM
    You will most likely have to work for a small local company ( lower paying with less benifits) to start with, also may have to consider some jobs like a tow truck driver, a dump truck or concrete truck where it is going to be a harder work and often lower pay over the over the road drivers
    aishaperkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    My brother works for prime trucking and they hire felons also they have good benefits and pay
    somanytries Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 11:07 AM

Have you tries westernexp.com, itried with them, but my felony is not old enough, 5 yrs old it has to be, for flatbed... Does anyone know if there is a federal grant that helps get your cdl
    2938stuart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 10:26 AM

Does Indiana allow felons to possess a CDL license. If there is some rule or regulation that prohibits felons can you please cite that for me. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Felony conviction [ 5 Answers ]

When asked the question on job application were you convicted of a felony in the past seven years can you answer no if you were convicted 12 years ago

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

1 felony or not? [ 3 Answers ]

My question falls in to two categories, criminal law and family law. I am fighting for custody of my 3 children. Their mother, my ex wife, is now in jail waiting for her court date for trafficking schedule II drugs. She was in prison for life for murder but got out on parole after 10 years in...

A felony [ 3 Answers ]

I have a felony. A D felony. I heard that you can get this droped. Is this true? If so how do I do it?

View more questions Search