Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tvc805 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 11:47 AM
    REUGE music box
    I have a REUGE music box date unknown. It has a Swiss musical movement and has a sticker on the back that says Eine kleine Nachtmusik (Allegro). It is a wall hanging music box.

Any information you can find on this would be helpful.
    Smees Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is the name of the song it plays, it's a movement by Mozart. Reuge is probably the biggest manufacturer of music box movements and are a swiss company. Of course I have no idea about your specific box. Does it appear to be old?

The cylinder on the musical portion itself will tell you a lot about it's worth. The larger it is the more valuable it will be. Most common are about 2" long and about a 1/2" diameter. You can buy those for about 15 bucks. The big ones though, they get pricey, in the hundreds up to thousands of dollars. If the box is old and has a large cylinder it's probably valuable, don't let yourself be swindled out of it. I've seen old boxes with 9 or 10 inch cylinders sell for $5,000.

Of course that's all subjective. Without seeing what you have specifically I would have no way to even guess a value but the guidelines above will give you a good place to start.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Does your music box look like any of those that you will find on the following links?

Sale of Reuge music boxes made of wood in a website dedicated to musical automatons

Italian Inlay Reuge Music Jewelry Box Mozart (Dresser Jars/Bottles/Boxes) at Adam's Hill Antiques & Collectibles

The title of the piece,"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" means "A Little Night Music."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? Thanks to all who help me:)

Music much? [ 11 Answers ]

So I know this should maybe in the music section, but I figured teens would be more likely to know. What are some good songs that send the message saying I'm over you? Songs that are alternative, punk, rock, something like that.

View more questions Search