Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Isablue Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Chimney repair with water damage.
    Hi, I just redid my kitchen. I came home the other day and found a water mark on the ceiling. I called a roofer and he told me it wasn't the roof it was the chimney, that it needs to be repointed. I called the chimney repair person and he gave me a price of $1100.00 to repair it. Does home owners insurance cover this? I also am going to put a claim in for the ceiling repair in my new kitchen, depending on the deductible. But I really can't afford the chimney repair on my own, I had a leak in one of my pipes in the basement and that cost me $1500.00 to repair two weeks ago. :eek:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 6, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Insurance will likely cover the ceiling repair but not the pointing. It is likely not worth filing a claim since most folks have a deductible and the ceiling repair may be minimal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood joist repair and termite damage [ 0 Answers ]

Hi,this is a two part question concerning home repair.My mom has had an under the home inspection.This is a 1 level 700 square feet home.There has been some termite infestation. The floor sagging depth is an 1 1/2 to the middle rear of home.Kitchen and adjacent bedroom is affected.The kitchen is...

Hair damage in need of repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dyeing my hair since I was 16 years old, I'm now 20. I first started with blond highlights and a dark brown base, then I changed it to a dark red, then dark brown, and currently it is a reddish brownish color that I don't like, but I don't want to dye it again. My hair is so damaged...

Water damage [ 1 Answers ]

My 98 honda civic coupe was flooded water level was up to the door water went in the car my ecu (computer)might have gotten wet it started for about 45 minutes then went dead. Can Anybody Help thanks

Chimney repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cracked flu pipe at the top of my chimney. Can this be replaced without tearing down the top two feet of the chimney?

View more questions Search