Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StarShine11907 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 05:46 AM
    New and need direction - bipolar
    Hi, I'm new to this and don't really know where to start.

Well Ive been diagnosed with Bipolar 2 disorder, as well as Mi'ana and PTSD. My issue is my fiancé is convinced that I make up symptoms so that I can get attention from him. I don't know how to explain to my fiancé that these disorders are real and that I have been dealing with it since I was younger and that I'm not just taking medication for no reason. I tried before and it ended up with us breaking up, calling the wedding off, and throwing stuff out the window.

Any advice is much appreciated, Thanks in advance.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 06:00 AM
    That is very insensitive of him. Take him to your doctor and have the doctor explain symptoms and treatment. He could help you greatly by knowing the full impact of the conditions you are plagued with and possibly make you more comfortable in life, if he really cares about your wellfair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bipolar? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend has bipolar and I'd appreciate some adivce on how to handle it. Lately he has been very emotional. One minute he is happy and the next he is sad. I worry that I cause this emotional roller coaster and I wish that I could help... He has a hard time getting out his emotions and sharing...

I believe I'm bipolar [ 2 Answers ]

I don't believe I am bi-polar or anything like that but I the same feel as if I can't control my feelings as if there is something controlling me, I've been with my girlfreind nearly two years, and well ever since last xmas something happened it may have even been before that before we got together...

Is he bipolar? [ 3 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is bipolar. He has some of the symptoms like sometimes he tells me that he feels better than everyone else. Sometimes when I talk to him he feels depressed and low and then the next minuet he's happy and hyper. He also told me that he has "racing thoughts" and finds it hard to...

Could I be bipolar? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that I suffer from more than one type of depression. I've been like this my whole life and it only gets worse with age. I have lots of depression symptom, I've taking antidepressants. But lately little things have seem to stress me out so much more. I have lots of mood swings several times...

Bipolar [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend that I have been seeing for quite some time now has recently told me that he is in fact bipolar. I did some research online to find out more about it, since I knew very little to begin with. It can be, and is a very serious illness that needs to be dealt with in some form or another....

View more questions Search