Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sukisauce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Shower faucet
    Hi,
    When I turn on the shower the water still runs out of faucet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sukisauce
    Hi,
    When I turn on the shower the water still runs out of faucet.
    What type of shower diverter do your have? Built into the faucet or into the spout? Regards, tom
    sukisauce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
    I am sorry it's the spout
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Chances are a bit of trash got under the diverter flap and isn't letting it seat properly. There are two types of diverter spouts. Chrome over plastic, they are secured by a Allen Head Set Screw located in the back next to the wall under the spout. And then there's the metal ones that screw on. Neither one's all that expensive if you have to replace it, but if you wish to try a repair remove the spout and back flush it to clear the diverter flap. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leaking shower faucet and tried to take faucet apart to change the o-ring but was not able to takeout more than a cover for the screw and the screw that was under it. I have not located the ORING CAN any one please help. I have a symmons Temptrol brand.:confused: You need to replace...

Faucet and shower run simultaneously [ 12 Answers ]

In remodeling my bathroom I installed a tub with enclosure and a Price Pfister single handle control valve replacing a three handle. The shower head is 44" from the valve and the faucet is 6". I am concerned these distances will not work with the new valve. What options do I have to correct the...

Faucet still runs when shower is turned on. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three handle faucet. I replaced the washer on the end of the stem, but that wasn't the problem. What could it be?

No hot water in shower after replacing faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced the faucet for the shower in our bathroom (no tub, only shower). Water turns on & off fine & the pressure is good. However, when we turn the knob to the left (hot), we do not get hot water after this replacement. As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any...

Shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I had a plumber out to replace the cartridge in my shower faucet because the shower head was dripping It has stopped leaking but now I don't have much hot water coming out. Is this something I can fix myself?

View more questions Search