Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mushthaq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Reasons of recent food price hike
    Can any one advice me about real reasons of recent food price hike. (ie. Direct, indirect reasons, impact of Govt. policies, Open trade policy etc.)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Oil and Gas prices. Shipping products cost more because of the skyrocking prices in fuel and that is what is jacking up the prices of food.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Previous increases in min wages last year, government programs where they pay farmres not to milk cows to control production, Government control of oil production, and as noted increase in fuel costs, increase in medical costs which is increase in benefits, which is a labor cost, and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price hike letter to customer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Please help me to write a letter to our customers requesting a price hike in our tariff due to the recent hike in fuel rate

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

Another pic from yesterday's hike. [ 14 Answers ]

Another pic, from yesterday's hike in Charlestown, RI. The heat was brutal and the deer flies ate me alive. But it was nice near the shore. The more scientifically inclined may now be wondering if between the rabbit and the deer flies, I don't now have Tularemia, as well as Lyme! Only time will...

View more questions Search