Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    getachevy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Researching details
    Details seem to be important, But I can't find any. I went to an arbitration hearing and no one showed up.  After receiving notice of a denovo hearing, I asked arbitrator office for copy of no show results I paid  $50 for my day in court. She sent me a piece of paperarbitration award and judgement #2 was checked the plaintiff is awarded nothing from the defendant and this action is dismissed. #7 unchecked costs of this action are taxedto- and plaintiff is checked. My case is they want me to pay for a debt I have already paid. The credit report verifies this but is inadmissable. I can't find proof and I checked with my banks. My questions are:1 How can a plaintiff who does show up, ask for a de nova hearing?2 Why isn't a credit bureau report valid?3 Can I get credit bureau to explain to me where they find their information?4 Can I get my $ 50 back?

Thank you Gary - getachevy Brunswick county North Carolina
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 08:10 PM
    The credit report is not always * actucally often** wrong in a lot of details.
    And if it shows paid in full, or what does it show ? But you need an attorney for your day in court to help with proper motions when they don't show up and so on.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 07:12 AM
    [QUOTE=getachevy]Details seem to be important, But I can't find any. I went to an arbitration hearing and no one showed up.  After receiving notice of a denovo hearing, I asked arbitrator office for copy of no show results I paid  $50 for my day in court. She sent me a piece of paperarbitration award and judgement #2 was checked the plaintiff is awarded nothing from the defendant and this action is dismissed. #7 unchecked costs of this action are taxedto- and plaintiff is checked. My case is they want me to pay for a debt I have already paid. The credit report verifies this but is inadmissable. I can't find proof and I checked with my banks. My questions are:1 How can a plaintiff who does show up, ask for a de nova hearing?2 Why isn't a credit bureau report valid?3 Can I get credit bureau to explain to me where they find their information?4 Can I get my $ 50 back?

I agree with FrChuck - credit reports are often incorrect. That is why there's a procedure to notify them of errors, provide proof and ask for the report to be corrected. The info on the credit report "usually" comes from the creditor, occasionally the Court if it's a recorded Judgment - you can usually tell by reading what's on the report because no one else would have the info.

Was the $50 a filing fee? If so, no, you can't get it back - at least in my area.

My understanding is that a de novo hearing is simply a rehearing of a matter without taking any previous hearing/decision into account, sort of a "starting over" hearing and either side could apply as long as there are grounds.

Standing ready to be corrected -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Details on ICWA course [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I've finished my 12th grade in hyderabad and I am intersted in taking up bcom.honors for my degree.and also I would like 2 do the ICWA course simultaneously.could you give me the details and also suggest some good coaching centres for ICWA in hyderbad?

Details regarding MBA [ 2 Answers ]

HI.. I want to know how I should apply for my masters in Aussie.I have just completed the degree.Please let me know the process of applying.:)

Details regarding MCB [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is difference b/w AC and DC MCBs? Can I use AC MCBs in place of DC MCBs? Regards Manoj

View more questions Search