Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Shoulder Length Hair Issues
    I can't think of any alternative ways of doing my hair. It's too short to go into any sort of updo (that I can do). So I just straighten it. I think curls will look too poofy.

ANY IDEAS?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Perhaps more of a layered look? That way, you have more lift and bounce without the "poofy look" of curls. The top won't lay as heavy yet you will still have the lengths.
    Vision Expert

May 3, 2008, 11:38 PM
    I'm talking about a style, not a cut. I've already gotten the cut I want.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I'm talking about a style, not a cut. I've already gotten the cut I want.
    I apologize. I misunderstood the question.
    Vision Expert

May 3, 2008, 11:52 PM
    No prob. I didn't think about it before the cut, but I can figure out any styles except the straight one...

I've done straight with a few small ringlets around the top, I really liked that.
    NoOneKnows1028 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
    You could try curling the tips for something new.
    Emma g Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I can't think of any alternative ways of doing my hair. It's too short to go into any sort of updo (that I can do). So I just straighten it. I think curls will look too poofy.

ANY IDEAS?
    Your hair is probably to short for curls just yet but I would try maybe waving or curling your hair with a bit of mousse and hair spray does help.
    Vision Expert

May 5, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I've tried that but it has a wet look all day, which I think looks tacky.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 12, 2008, 05:14 AM
    You can try a textured look. Spray in a small amount of texturising spray, and roughly dry it.

Or volumised hair. Comb in mousse, be sure there's enough product in the roots, tip your hair over and roughly dry it.

You can even try rollers. Biggish rollers will give you more of a loose, soft curl and volume.
    Vision Expert

May 12, 2008, 04:20 PM
    My hair frizzes when dried. And my hair is too short for curlers... but thanks,
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Nov 23, 2011, 09:44 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma,

Often the ladies hesitate to ask, but I appreciate you asked. Opions differ, but a textured look is what I would recommend. Just sprinkle a little texturising spray on your locks, and roughly dry it. Or, go for rollers. Large rollers lend beautiful, volumous look and loose-soft. The other option is volumised hair. You need to comb in mousse, ensuring the roots contain or absorb enough of the product, tip your hair over and roughly dry it. This is the standardized method.

Once you try it, never forget to mention the result and impact, and what you did and how you feel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair length [ 4 Answers ]

I just recently went to a salon to get my ends cut. They ended up cutting my hair too short. I want to know which products should I use to help make my hair grow faster.

Hair extensions? How many ozs? Length weft? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how many ozs of hair I would need to do a whole head of extensions, or what length weft I would need? Any advice would be great. Thanks! Jojo.

Shoulder issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have two issues with my right shoulder that are bothering me significantly. I plan on going to the doctor once my insurance kicks in in a couple of months, but until then I'd like some advice on minimizing the discomfort. The first is what seems to be a rotator cuff problem. I injured it a...

Hair Length [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, yet another silly question.Before summer I had almost waist length hair and cut it to about 1/2 an inch (gets hot here in Missouri!) and I've now went almost 3 months without cutting it.Trying to grow it back.I understand normally hair grows about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch per month.Any "cheap"...

View more questions Search