Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yourmom1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Return of a lost friend?
    In December, 2005, my beloved cat of 10 months or so got outside at 4 am and never came back. He was truly my pride and joy, he was perfect in every way imaginable, and myself not be much of a connector with cats, this was a lot to me. Four days after his disappearence, my parents tried consoling me by suprusing me with a new cat from the shelter, but to no avail. He ended up being anti social and skittish, much unlike my kitten Ricky I loved so much. Immedeately afterwards, I became extremely depressed to the point where I was crying every day, and even ended up doing physical harm to myself and considered suicide. This cat meant that much to me. I pleaded with God and promised him I would do anything for Ricky back, or he might as well just kill me because I had no reason to live. Ricky saved my life, when I was at a suicidal point due to my parent's drinking and abuse. The night I asked God to kill me, I ended up going out with friends. It was a rainy night and my friend is somewhat of a reckless driver. We ended up skidding on the freeway and almost getting killed, luckily no one was hurt. I remembered my prayer from previously in the night, yet felt no remorse for it as my cat was still gone. I became angry afterwards, and every time I saw a sign for a lost or found pet I'd tear it down and rip it into pieces, because after a week of Ricky's disappearence, his signs had been ripped down by someone. On April Fool's day, my dad said we could adopt another cat. We went to the shelter and immedeately I connected with an orange Manx named Oliver. I was taken aback by his friendly disposition, when my past experiences with the cats in the "cat room" were not usually like that. We ended up taking him home, and I love him to pieces, but still a little withdrawn because he was not my Ricky, and never would be. But I treated him with love and compassion and pampered him anyway. It was only last night, after watching an old video of Ricky that I noticed something. He had all the traits and personality Ricky had. I believe in reincarnation, and right as I realized this, Oliver [who I had renamed Siix] jumped up on my bed and started kneading my bedsheets and rubbing against me. Then it hit me, God possibly wasn't answering my prayers because he had sent me my beloved friend after all! He's not in the same body, but I'm hoping I'm right, because I love Siix more than ever for who he is, whether if he's Ricky or not. But I would like an answer.
    yourmom1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmom1
    In december, 2005, my beloved cat of 10 months or so got outside at 4 am and never came back. He was truly my pride and joy, he was perfect in every way imaginable, and myself not be much of a connector with cats, this was alot to me. Four days after his disappearence, my parents tried consoling me by suprusing me with a new cat from the shelter, but to no avail. He ended up being anti social and skittish, much unlike my kitten Ricky I loved so much. Immedeately afterwards, I became extremely depressed to the point where I was crying every day, and even ended up doing physical harm to myself and considered suicide. This cat meant that much to me. I pleaded with God and promised him I would do anything for Ricky back, or he might as well just kill me because I had no reason to live. Ricky saved my life, when I was at a suicidal point due to my parent's drinking and abuse. The night i asked God to kill me, I ended up going out with friends. It was a rainy night and my friend is somewhat of a reckless driver. We ended up skidding on the freeway and almost getting killed, luckily no one was hurt. I remembered my prayer from previously in the night, yet felt no remorse for it as my cat was still gone. I became angry afterwards, and everytime i saw a sign for a lost or found pet I'd tear it down and rip it into peices, because after a week of Ricky's disappearence, his signs had been ripped down by someone. On April Fool's day, my dad said we could adopt another cat. We went to the shelter and immedeately i connected with an orange Manx named Oliver. I was taken aback by his friendly disposition, when my past experiences with the cats in the "cat room" were not usually like that. We ended up taking him home, and i love him to peices, but still a little withdrawn because he was not my Ricky, and never would be. But I treated him with love and compassion and pampered him anyways. It was only last night, after watching an old video of Ricky that i noticed something. He had all the traits and personality Ricky had. I believe in reincarnation, and right as i realized this, Oliver [who i had renamed Siix] jumped up on my bed and started kneading my bedsheets and rubbing against me. Then it hit me, God possibly wasn't answering my prayers because he had sent me my beloved friend afterall! He's not in the same body, but I'm hoping I'm right, because i love Siix more than ever for who he is, whether if he's Ricky or not. But I would like an answer.
    Woops I meant 2007 not 2005
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
    I know how you feel. I use to have a hamster that I got for my birthday that I named Scurbles. He was a golden hamster and when he died I was so upset. So we went to the petstore and got another hamster, I believe it was a Satan hamster which is completely white. Well she did a lot of the same stuff that my old hamster did except for one thing which was climb upside down in my hands. There both deceased now and I miss them both. I hope you right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my best friend. [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share my story... 8 days ago on Monday I lost my best friend, my pet cockatiel Louie and I have been devastated since than. He flew out the door that was cracked and I immediately went searching for him and I also had hundreds of fliers made up to put in the...

Lost Friend ~ Grilfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for about 8 months, it is very complicated, as I am not her boyfriend, yet at times I have been. I meet the girl randomly, and she has a lot of problems (anorexia, abuse, etc. just to name a few) Since I meet her, she has run to me with everything, while she was...

I have lost a friend [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I have lost a friend who I would really like to contact again. His name is Colin Watts and he is now 23 years old. His birthday is on 11th October 1982/1983. He lives in Wigan and he used to live at 36B Charles Street in Wigan but got kicked out and I don't know where to find him now. Please...

Love lost to return? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am looking for some guidance and insight please! I recently met a lovely man, who I had a brief relationship with (2mths).he ended it last week, saying he was quite busy at the moment with work and moving to another town, and was scared to get into a relationship just now. Both of us...

View more questions Search