Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 06:39 PM
    1st haircut
    Does anybody know where the tradition of waiting until a boy is 1 before giving him his first haircut comes from?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 06:46 PM
    First haircut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Intresting reading. Enjoy
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Thanks! This site also had some interesting links about the subject. I'm just curious because my son will be 1 in a few weeks and I was trying to decide what I'm going to do about that first haircut.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 07:29 PM
    I am glad you enjoyed the site. I was pretty sure it was just a rite of passage.
    There are so many old wives tales regarding babies.
    Happy b-day to your little one.
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2009, 08:53 PM

Its definitely from the Indian Culture!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good haircut for me or not? [ 7 Answers ]

Would I look good with this haircut or something similar? I don't like my hair now because it tangles easily and I would like something with a lot of layers. I've had long layers for years now and I hate them. Me now: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb5/nemoljf/me4.jpg Possible haircut:...

The Haircut [ 4 Answers ]

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies, "I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week. "The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a...

Haircut pic [ 9 Answers ]

OK so I'm emo and I have long straight hair and I'm trying to find pic to show rebecca my stylist and I can't really find one The style is straight and then sort of cut at the top of the head and puffs out a tiny bit and I need the pic to show the whole head please

Haircut [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if you knew how to explain a haircut. It's a long layered cut. It's the one you see that has been cut like the shape of the head at the back, but thinned out at the bottom, almost whispy. It is the newer way to cut long layers. And also what is your best advice for cutting a...

View more questions Search