Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teh threat Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 05:20 PM
    What are your hobbies?
    I LOVE video games, not just playing them, but reading about them and understanding them and their culture. However, videogames aren't socially acceptable. When Im playing my Xbox 360 my parents always look at me bad like Im supposed to be doing something more important and I always feel bad when friends walk in on me playing games--it makes me feel like I have no life. My gaming habits are in control, its not like Im some sort of World of Warcraft or Everquest player, but I'd like to branch out into other things and expand my pallet of interests. SO!.

What are your hobbies?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
    I collect coins, target shoot, and fish.
    teh threat Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Ah yes, fishing. I enjoy the act of fishing more than catching fish. Any others?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Playing video games isn't bad, people can make a very good living from just playing games as well as making them
    Model building and cycling are a couple of my hobbies also just getting into airsofting
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 06:37 AM
    I started life drawing classes again recently, go to the gym a lot, swim in summer, do yoga exercises, and scrabble (delicious word finds like DIPLOZOA, CHURROS, BALISTAS). I read truck-loads of multicultural fiction, poetry and non-fiction in the past ~ and loved it at the time!

A lot of people think scrabble is as boring as bat-poop. I'm good at anagrams and enjoy matching wits with someone across a table in a game requiring skill. I enjoy the conversations that can be had. It's fun and satisfying.

I play chess too. I'm just not that good at it, even though I often win against friends ;)

Whatever you do, do it with passion. If you love everything about video games including wanting to know and understand their cultural origins, that's great! I dabbled in studying Japanese popular culture, Asian film and literature, which I thought was fascinating. I imagine finding out about video games would be just as interesting.
    wizz83 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
    I was into building model cars and trucks for years but had to give it up cause I now rent a small house with no room so I took up r/c drifting and now I'm addicted
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Anything outdoors, cook-outs with a real fire, no charcoal or propane, hiking, mild climbing at our age (the wife and I), photography, target shooting, sports memorabilia, and roller coasters.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 12:40 AM
    Since I am entirely self-employed, most of what I do is directed at making a living for myself. Although, there are a few things that I do for fun. One would be flower and vegetable gardening. Another one would be that I am a collector of things, particularly antiques or things that just interest me because they might fit into the décor that I have in my home or might be useful or monetarily valuable someday.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Gardening, like to see things grow, decorating (not that I have much time for it) after it's done, collect teapots and dolls, football, people, radio chat shows, mainly Talk sport.
    mybaseballcards Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 06:08 PM
    I collect baseball cards
    ambyr Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:30 AM
    I make little soldiers out of play doh I'm recreating the battle of helms deep from the lord of the rings people put me down though because I'd rather do that then go drinking
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:32 PM
    I like to put toy models car together. Also, I enjoy making clothes. I love video games especially Madden and play with my boyfriend a lot.
    Swagga Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 06:58 AM

I like to scrapbook, and make cards.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 14, 2008, 07:40 AM

Just get some exercise before you sit down to play some video games, I feel guilty too sometimes like I'm wasting time, but if I go for a bike ride or a run first at least I can say I got some exercise and just want to chill now.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Oct 15, 2008, 11:32 AM

My nintendo wii, and kickboxing. I find computer games are not too bad and only become aproblem when they are all you do. I like to play mine (I also like halo on the xbox) while recovering from kickboxing lol
    forthlingrove Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2008, 11:11 AM
    I build scale autos & trucks. I'm also a big Beatles fan so I collect a lot of Beatle things.:D
    feddy101 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Beekeeping. It’s really fun and satisfying, plus you get honey. :D
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Dec 29, 2008, 11:57 PM

I love to play guitar, so my hobby is to make music, new tunes.
    Yellow_montu Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 04:24 PM

My hobbies are Rollercoasters / Theme parks in general hence the name montu (not just egyptian but also a coaster at busch gardens tampa as it was) Egyptian mythology, weather, tap dancing and latch hook
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 13, 2009, 02:08 PM

I make and sell jewelry

Camp, hike, fish, read, watch movies :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Could our hobbies change? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible that after sometime we turn off or we start obtain another one? Your experience friends:rolleyes:

Using hobbies as a way to procrastinate [ 5 Answers ]

I find myself diving into various hobbies, when there are a number of other things that would be a much better use of my time. Any suggestions to get me to prioritize and quit putting things off... some of those things would be a great benefit to me, but I also don't want to spend a lot of time...

I have no hobbies too.bad! [ 11 Answers ]

I feel I have no hobbies too! Job is boring, life is boring! Every day I want to do is waiting for off duty, then go home, watching TV or listening to music, or sleeping. And I do the same things at my weekend! I do not want to go outside, unless I have to do something shopping, always prefer to...

What are your hobbies [ 15 Answers ]

Dear memebers, Would u help a 24/7 single hard worker find a hobby please?:D I mean, I do hang out with my girl friends, going to nursing home help with the elders. I do read, study about plants and acupuncture. I want to play golf but it's kind of expensive for me at this moment. What...

View more questions Search