Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daisy57454 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Stem Placement
    We are replacing the stems on the hot/cold faucets of our 3 handle tub/shower. We have tried placing the stems facing many different directions, but still we can not get the faucets to turn on and off properly. What are we doing wrong? No directions came with the Danco 3S-9H/C stems.
    Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Daisy
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2006, 12:14 PM
    Hi Daisy,
    Without the Model# of your Delta Bath faucet I can't do much tohelp. Click on; http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/le...r-faucets.aspx
    And see i8f ther's any help for you there. Good luck, Tom

Feb 20, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Tom,
    We believe it is a Delta model 2653 faucet, but not coompletely sure. We night have the hot water working, but the cold water runs full blast no matter how I place the stem and extension it seems. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Daisy
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy57454
    Tom,
    We believe it is a Delta model 2653 faucet, but not coompletely sure. We night have the hot water working, but the cold water runs full blast no matter how I place the stem and extension it seems. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Daisy
    Turn off the water to the valve and pull the cold water stem assembly. Check around the seat for any crud that may be down there. Good luck. Tom

Feb 21, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Tom,
    I have checked everything, but cold water still does not turn all the way off. Seems er a getting closer, but it still doesn't work right. The hot water works great. I don't know what I could have done differently between the two, any ideas?

Thanks
    Daisy
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 21, 2006, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy57454
    Tom,
    I have checked everything, but cold water still does not turn all the way off. Seems er a getting closer, but it still doesn't work right. The hot water works great. I don't know what I could have done differently between the two, any ideas?

Thanks
    Daisy
    Daisy,
    If the stem assembly works on the hot water side then you have the correct part. Pull the cold water stem and check the valve for any trash that may be caught down there preventing the stem assembly from seating. If everything's cleare aqnd the swtem still won't shut off the water then turn it back in as faulty. Good luck, Tom
    conejovendejo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Hi Daisy -

After messing around with one of these for the first time today, I finally got it to work right by replacing the new spring (supplied with a new stem I bought - possibly unnecessarily) with the old spring. My version of this kit was made by Delta, and the replacement spring was simply too short to apply enough tension on the new rubber seat. Hope this helps.

John

Correction - the kit was made for Delta by Danco.

J
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:42 PM

Hi Daisy,

Follow Tom's advice, and also for identifying the parts, see the link below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Models_2653_2683_2861_2871_5a37[1].pdf (211.8 KB, 869 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toolbar placement [ 3 Answers ]

I feel ridiculous. Somehow I managed to move the toolbar (clock, LAN settings, virus protection on the right; short cuts like IE, FOXfire, etc. on the left) from the bottom of my computer screen, around to the right, and then to the top of my screen and I can't seem to move it back. There must be...

Trap Placement [ 5 Answers ]

I am working on remodeling my basement and have many issues to contend with. The first is the trap for my tub drain on the first floor is well below the floor joists and I would like to raise it up to be able to have a relatively normal ceiling height in the basement. I have been reading that the...

Diverter Stem [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing seats and stems in tub/shower. The old one is Sterling--the new faucet set it a PricePfister. The PF diverter stem doesn't fit into the seat (the hot and cold stems do). Can I go to another size diverter with PF?

Placement testing [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently teaching in a homeschool enivronment. I am looking for a test(s) in reading and math to show mastery of skills for 1,2,and 3rd grades. Any suggestions?? Thanks drseuss

Stem replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the stems in the handles of my bathtub faucet. The cold is fine but the hot water leaks where it is screwed into the pipe. Why? I used plumbers dope on the threads and all the washers and O rings are in place (was done same as the cold) why is it still leaking? Very frustrating. It...

View more questions Search