Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I_need_to_know Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2003, 02:44 PM
    Insurance help
    I would like to know if anyone could help me with some answers. I have insurance threw work and I got into a bad accident I then lost my job and took cobra to keep up the insurance. Well since then I was told that the place I worked for is changing insurance and I would also have to. So I did and now neither insurance is going to pay for on going care. What do I do?
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 30, 2004, 08:04 PM
    Insurance help
    You are in between a rock and a hard place. I am not sure that your company can force you to accept a policy that will not provide you with coverage for a preexisting condition. You might want to research what insurance will pay for ongoing care and caculate the cost to you. You can then approach your employer and ask them to cover the cost of your isurance up to what they are paying for other employees' policies. If that doesn't work then you might consider contacting an employment lawyer regarding your coverage issues.
    plyinsmn Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I_need_to_know
    I would like to know if anyone could help me with some answers. I have insurance threw work and I got into a bad accident I then lost my job and took cobra to keep up the insurance. Well since then I was told that the place I worked for is changing insurance and I would also have to. So I did and now neither insurance is going to pay for on going care. What do I do?
    The company that you had at the time of the accident is on the hook.They have to pay for the accident, but getting new insurance might be a problem unless you are still on the payroll

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Car insurance [ 5 Answers ]

What is the minimum amount of coverage needed by law.

Pet Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have here have pet insurance? If so, what company do you use and are you happy with the coverage? I've been looking into this lately for my dogs after losing my cat to cancer, which we chose not to treat partly for financial reasons. Most of the policies I've looked at don't seem to...

Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know which insurance companies cover bed and breakfast establishments in Montana. We currently have insurance but need a more competitive quote.

View more questions Search